SN 0w-20 with 900 ppm moly, VI 239 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
ENEOS 0W-20 Racing Street Oil
http://www.eneos.us/wp-content/uplo...TREET-0W-20-Product-Data-Sheet_0418b.pdf

I just found this. Didn't know it existed. "Racing" they say, but it also carries SN GF-5 and they do say its good for the street too.
This would be good for someone who didn't quite trust the low HTHS 0w20 world and wanted more protection (moly huge).
It beats Zepro & MGMO's 700 ppm moly. A new record.

Warranty approved for any non-GM, non-Mini, non-BMW, non-VW (OK, that leaves Honda, Toyota, Kia, Hyundai, Subaru, Nissan, Ford, Mazda, Chrysler 0w-20 applications).
Actually, moly is known to help quench LSPI, so this is likely not going to be a problem, by performance, for any GM engine needing dexos1.

Last edited:
Those viscosity numbers are really low compared to other 0w20 oils.

Edit to add; This is definitely be a oil Caterham would show a lot of interest in.

Last edited:
I noticed it has the lowest CCS at -35 (0w test) than anything else I've seen. For example, M1 AFE 0w20 is 4,182 and Ravenol ECS 0w20 is 4,890, beating those.

Eneos0w20.JPG

Originally Posted by PimTac
Those viscosity numbers are really low compared to other 0w20 oils. Edit to add; This is definitely be a oil Caterham would show a lot of interest in.
HTHS 2.7 matches almost every other 0w20, although KV100 is low for the Eneos. Bearing wear is mostly a function of HTHS, so that is the important number for wear. Plus, 900 ppm moly will be AW in boundary conditions.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
The TBN and the NOACK look a little anemic.
True. My other favorite, Ravenol DFE 0w20 NOACK is 7.6%, hard to beat there. Might mean Ravenol would leave less deposits on the ringlands, as some see a correlation between NOACK and deposits.

The TBN wouldn't be an issue for Hyundai/KIA and their 7500 max oci. The Noack doesn't bother me much either. Most 0W-20 oils have a slightly larger % than their 5W-20 cousins.

Last edited:
HTHS isn't too impressive ... but OK for a 20 wt.
wink.gif
The KV100 is on the low side, as most 20 wt oils have a KV100 over 8.0 and most closer to 8.5~9.0.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
HTHS isn't too impressive ... but OK for a 20 wt.
wink.gif
The KV100 is on the low side, as most 20 wt oils have a KV100 over 8.0 and most closer to 8.5~9.0.

HTHS is right where it should be for a typical 0w20. If it was much higher, there wouldn't be the fuel savings 0w20 is known for, and if it was 2.9 it might be a 0w30 instead.
Low KV100, KV40, and CCS@-35C is actually a good thing, since it means it flows well, all without lowering HTHS which supports oil films & is AW.
This stuff would work in an arctic cold environment, and the moly does have a lower temperature of activation than zddp, supporting AW and FM.

Wow, that is wild. For the high Mo and my desired viscosity, I'm tempted to blend it with some 20W-50 to get the HTHS viscosity to around 3.1. A mix of 75% this oil and 25% 20W-50 would get it close. The Mo would drop to around 700 PPM if the 20W-50 had 80 PPM. That is still a lot. I probably won't do this but might.

Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
This stuff would work in an arctic cold environment ...

Good for ice racing in the great white north. After all, it is called "racing street 0W-20".

Originally Posted by JAG
Wow, that is wild. For the high Mo and my desired viscosity, I'm tempted to blend it with some 20W-50 to get the HTHS viscosity to around 3.1. A mix of 75% this oil and 25% 20W-50 would get it close. The Mo would drop to around 700 PPM if the 20W-50 had 80 PPM. That is still a lot. I probably won't do this but might.
Dude, u made me think about this: What if we mixed this Eneos Racing Street SN 0w20 with Eneos Racing Street SN 0w50 ? They make a 0w50 in that family. http://www.eneos.us/wp-content/uplo...TREET-0W-50-Product-Data-Sheet_0418b.pdf

Interesting comparisons too:

0w50: All PAO
0w20: All GroupIII+

0w50: No mention of moly, might be some.
0w20: 900 ppm moly

0w50: HTHS 4.7
0w20: HTHS 2.7

0w50: 700 ppm P & SN
0w20: 700 ppm P & SN

90% 0w20, 10% 0w50 should get it to about 2.9 or 3.0 HTHS, with 800 ppm moly or so, a 0w30. I'm assuming mixing the same brand is safer, don't know for sure.

Only oil I know with a ton of moly is M1 0w30 racing (1700 ppm moly), and some people have mixed a quart of it with 4 quarts of M1 AFE 0w30, and nothing exploded. Mixing.... hmmmm....
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Mega moly blend! I found some online stores that sell the Eneos oils and they are expensive but not horribly expensive. They are $11 and $12 per quart for the thin and thick versions.

Racing and 0Wx20 doesn't seem to go together . Neither does racing & street unless you live in big cities
crazy2.gif

How does this compare to Red Line and who makes it? Price wise maybe same as Red Line?

Originally Posted by JAG
Darn it, I just lost trust in the oil blender after reading about the VOA of the 0W-50 version. The very low ZDDP and low, out of grade viscosity are very disappointing. So was their lack of response about the VOA.
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/2816079/1

I would rather use the Idemitsu Rotary Racing oil, with ~750 PPM Mo.
Link to oil

The 0W50 looks more like a "thick 10W40".

JAG & aquariuscsm, that VOA you mentioned is for Eneos Sustina 0w50, not the new Eneos Street Racing 0w50, although its true Eneos may not be be greatest visc blender !!!
Originally Posted by 1JZ_E46
1,000ppm of zinc with SN/GF-5 doesn't seem right.

Phosphorus is 700 ppm, the important limited SN number which is about right.
We usually see about a 1.3 ratio of Z to P in VOAs. This one is 1.4, which means they are rounded heavily and/or Z is present in non-ZDDP molecules in the oil.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back