Redline and PAO's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Embedded in a recent thread about Group IV versus Group V oils, Pablo alluded to the fact that Redline uses some PAO in their oils. This was met with some skepticism by glennc. In order to set the record straight, I emailed Redline and received the following response: Thank you for contacting Red Line Oil, our primary base stock is the Group V polyol ester though we do use some PAOs.

Regards, Dave
Red Line Oil

Just to be clear, I don't believe there is any oil that is 100% ester and don't know that such a thing would even be practical. My argument was that Red Line oils are predominantly POE esters in terms of base stock, and that they have higher ester/POE content than synthetic oils not advertised as being ester-based. I don't know whether it's 90/10 or 60/40 and would only be speculating if I put numbers to it, though I don't recall having done that.

I found that to be an interesting thread and have been meaning to reply again to it but have been tied up with non-BITOG stuff, oddly enough.

Thanks Bernd. That is correct. As to what specific ratio, we will never know. It really doesn't matter anyway. The majority base oil is POE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back