Oil Specs & Testing Approved Lubricants

Now that we know that Amsoil uses Pearl GTL, there will be much weeping and gnashing of teeth and fanboi cast into darkness when it's learned that rail car loads of re-refined base oils are showing up at Superior, WI.
After this, I'm going to the movie Pulp Fiction for more inspirational quotes.
Lots of love in general for good old Amsoil in this thread, even blue cap ATF didn't escape. I don't know how people can definitively say what their base oil is for the SS line. Also, why are the majors not divulging Noack and HT/HS?

Lots of love in general for good old Amsoil in this thread, even blue cap ATF didn't escape. I don't know how people can definitively say what their base oil is for the SS line. Also, why are the majors not divulging Noack and HT/HS?
Because they only specify what you need to know.

Folks can spot PAO and GTL on SDS … not much else …
Majors have some approvals and those contain specs …

Most folks outside of our BITOG bubble couldn't care less about oil, as far as it roughly within the specs of what the oil filler cap says.
But engines still last easily over 200K miles these days, without any oil related damage though.

As much as I like the lube talk here, from time to time we all should do a reality check.

Most folks outside of our BITOG bubble couldn't care less about oil, as far as it roughly within the specs of what the oil filler cap says.
But engines still last easily over 200K miles these days, without any oil related damage though.

As much as I like the lube talk here, from time to time we all should do a reality check.
It's on my bucket list right after an acid trip with Stormy Daniels.

Last edited:

Yeah, for me it's mostly fun/hobby. I don't lose sleep over any of it.

Back