Recommendation for Subaru Outback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SubLGT
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
........Now, obviously, a full on dedicated snow tire is going to be better, especially on ice when braking, but a Subaru Outback with AWD and a quality all season tire like the Triple tread is likely going to do better in a blizzard then my Corolla with Blizzak WS-60s!

Under acceleration on ice/snow, the Outback may perform better than your Corolla, but under braking and cornering, where AWD offers no performance advantage, your Corolla with the WS60s will perform better than the Outback with all seasons.

Tirerack tested the above scenario and found that:
"..................we found it interesting that the all-wheel drive Porsche Cayenne equipped with all-season tires was only able to accelerate about as quickly as the rear-wheel drive BMW on the dedicated winter tires (WS60) used in Part 1 of this
test...."

"......The winter tire-equipped Cayenne stopped in an average distance of about 61 feet, while the all-season tire-equipped Cayenne took 102 feet (an additional 41 feet or about two and one-half car lengths). A 41-foot difference in stopping distance during a panic stop at 30 mph on a snow-packed road is more than enough to determine whether it's a near miss or an accident!......."

"..........Additionally, while the all-wheel drive Cayenne offered noticeably faster acceleration than the rear-wheel drive sedan, the winter tire-equipped BMW's 59-foot stopping distance and all-season tire-equipped 89-foot stopping distance showed that all-wheel drive didn't really offer a measurable advantage when it came to stopping......."

Don't bother explaining to him because he just another stubborn adolescent [censored] who thinks he is right because he never got in accident with AWD and a/s tires. Him and most people in this topic are comfortably numb. They choose to be ignorant and ignore the plain facts. Well to [censored] with them, I take great deal of pleasure passing by all the stuck all season assclowns anyway:)))

40.gif

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
How about cold-wet-dusting of snow? Do we need a full snow for that? We know a summer tire won't work. The answer is all-seasons. Think you have a good comeback for that?

Yes. Your beloved a/s tire still will be rock hard and worthless in this situation. Zero grip, while winter tire will maintain it's soft compound properties offering better traction. Oh yeah and tommorow monster snow storm hits and you have to drive home about 20 miles coming from second shift. How that for a scenario??? You need safety of the best for SPESIFICALLY THIS TYPES OF SITUATIONS! You never know where snow hits! And when it does what you gonna do??? Sit home? What if you have an emergency and HAVE TO drive? Winter tires are fine on dry cold roads BTW and even better on snow. This actually was the situation when I past Jeep Cherokee in the ditch in my little Civic only half mile on the way. There were many others... Yeah their marvelous all season tires served them all veryyy well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back