Reasonable Snack

even "healthy" snacks are not good according to many nutritional pros, every time you eat or drink most anything except pure fat you raise sugar + require insulin the major contributor to most health issues as noted by the pros although depending on YOU a quality low carb snack may not be too bad except if trying to trim down. a lot depends on the individual IMO

although i never eat between my TWO meals a day i must say lots of interesting info here, on the kale its top of the "dirty dozen" list just behind strawberries!! organic for sure. gonna research the vit K comment as i take K2-Mk7 said to keep your arties cleaner. there are several types of vitamin K + generally plant nutrients DONT work as well as many think due to poor absorption. always looking to learn!! a quick search notes that vitamin K does not all blood thinners as there are others than coumadin, gotta go walk the doggie so researching will be later as i said always looking to learn + i find health interesting + believe little from mainstream medicine as its noted the USA spends the most but is the UNHEALTHIEST developed country + picking up my prescription glasses at fatmart yesterday confirms obesity is out of control with the health issues that eventually come from poor uncontrolled food + drink choices!!

Last edited:
Kale.

So many varieties. Some much better than others.

Some you just can't steam, boil, or otherwise cook with water. Sometimes just a very quick cook in oil, like stir fry is OK.

The "purple" kale is best is salads, or possibly dried.

And speaking of dried - homemade dried kale is very very tasty. I was amazed. Spice/salt it as desired. With Mexican spices, you can crumble it on top of pork tacos or beef nachos. Holy Mother of God. Good.

I try to not snack.
Full meals everytime? I'm not going to stuff myself with a breakfast before running my 5 miles at 4:30 am. I need to eat a snack though, or my blood sugar will drop and the run will become unpleasant. I also won't eat a lot after 4:00pm but I may have a snack after an hour-long evening workout. I also won't surf for three hours on either an empty stomach or after having eaten a meal. Snack means less than a meal. Doesn't mean constantly munching on stuff.

Anybody who needs to constantly eat keto, fast intermittently, eat super-low carb, and who must fast intermittently has a serious metabolic disorder. My sympathies.

Last edited:
Full meals everytime? I'm not going to stuff myself with a breakfast before running my 5 miles at 4:30 am. I need to eat a snack though, or my blood sugar will drop and the run will become unpleasant. I also won't eat a lot after 4:00pm but I may have a snack after an hour-long evening workout. I also won't surf for three hours on either an empty stomach or after having eaten a meal. Snack means less than a meal. Doesn't mean constantly munching on stuff.

Anybody who needs to constantly eat keto, fast intermittently, eat super-low carb, and who must fast intermittently has a serious metabolic disorder. My sympathies.
Mori?

I eat 4 meals a day when I get up early to check BITOG.
4 meals, big boy? I eat two meals a day and a couple of snacks. I'm not following a particular schedule but eat when I'm hungry. Trying to balance mTor and AMPK.

I love apples and carrots. Probably my two favorite raw/good for you snacks. I love amonds,cashews, etc too. Seaweed sheets are good too, but oily/salty.

I make these occasionally. Probably not the healthiest snack but better than a candy bar. Would probably go good with beer(not a beer guy) but I can guarantee they go great with a Mikes hard lemonade.

I cut the recipe in half-2 sleeves of Saltines and use a gallon ziplock bag to mix and store. I mix the canola oil, etc in a regular cereal bowl. Pour it over the crackers in the bag, seal, toss, and let sit for an hour or so.

Back