Reasonable Snack

A while ago I had a sesame and chia seed snack that was quite good. They were little bite size cubes. I can't remember the brand. Better than gnawing on a stick of celery while you are watching a game with your friends.

Your loss. Kale is one of the healthiest foods you kan konsume.
It better be considering how immeasurably disgusting it is. *Chews on a Costco-bought Greenridge Farms Naturals Beef Snack Stick (air fried, of course)* This is another reasonable snack. One that tastes great and is healthy.

A blue-sweatpant-wearing wise man named Carl once said...

"Whaddya friggin' doing [eating] that for? You're just gonna die."

Let's see if we can make a list with reasonably healthy snacks. Reasonable means different things to different people, so this will be fun.

A kale snack. Grocery Outlet has it occasionally for $2.99. Check the nutrition label for ingredients and nutrition. Not bad at all. If you like kale you should like its taste.

If you are on blood thinners (Aspirin does not count), do not eat this. The high Vitamin K content will affect your clotting factor (INR) and you might bleed profusely if you cut yourself or if you have a stroke etc.

In season we oven dry sheet pans of it little EVOO and a sprinkle of salt I take it over any chip made absolutely delicious Skip the seeds useless calories

In season we oven dry sheet pans of it little EVOO and a sprinkle of salt I take it over any chip made absolutely delicious Skip the seeds useless calories
Food dehydrator works even better. You don't know about the nutritional value of seeds? Yikes. Worried about the calories of seeds? Why would anybody be eating them by the pound?

Last edited:
My morning work snacks always consist of cut up apples, strawberries, and bananas. Sometimes with some cashews.

Food dehydrator works even better. You don't know about the nutritional value of seeds? Yikes. Worried about the calories of seeds? Why would anybody be eating them by the pound?
Why would anyone put them in Kale when I just want dried Kale!

It better be considering how immeasurably disgusting it is. *Chews on a Costco-bought Greenridge Farms Naturals Beef Snack Stick (air fried, of course)* This is another reasonable snack. One that tastes great and is healthy.

A blue-sweatpant-wearing wise man named Carl once said...

"Whaddya friggin' doing [eating] that for? You're just gonna die."
Mission Meats Grass Fed Beef Sticks are great. 🐄 No sugar, no MSG, no sodium nitrite. Sorry to hear you find kale disgusting. I love pot roast with creamed kale. I also like kale raw as a salad.

I'm leaving work now. When I get home, the dog and I are going to pick raspberries off the bushes. I'll have a couple handfuls. He takes one, holds it in his mouth for a few seconds and then drops it on the ground and decides whether or not he wants to eat it.

It should be a commercial product rather than for example an apple. The point of the thread is to list some commercial snacks that aren't terribly bad for you.
Except it is much healthier to not eat “commercial” foods. Our go to snacks are nuts (cashews, almonds, pistachios) we get at Costco at good prices, and cheeses.

Mission Meats Grass Fed Beef Sticks are great. 🐄 No sugar, no MSG, no sodium nitrite. Sorry to hear you find kale disgusting. I love pot roast with creamed kale. I also like kale raw as a salad.
Never heard of it. I'll have to check it out.

I didn't see anyone else giving this thread a hard time, so I figured I'd do it. Just trying to get a laugh out of someone, but humor isn't my strong suit. Nothing wrong with eating healthy, it's truly a bonus if you enjoy it. I do enjoy most fruits, vegetables, and green stuff...but I draw a hard line at kale regardless of prep method.

It's interesting how the personal definition of "reasonable" is as flexible as spandex pants.

Reasonable should not denote an extreme when its definition is fair, moderate, appropriate.

Back