re thinking Milk and your health

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Cujet
Originally Posted by diyjake
Almond Milk is a close alternative to cow's milk.

I far prefer the taste of an almond milk-coconut milk blend over any form of regular milk.
I hate the consistency and the way it coats your mouth. I used to eat a lot of cereal and I tried almond milk once and never again.

People like to use food to status and virtue signal at the same time. So anything that is cheap and available will always have a more expensive option that is supposed to be healthier. It seems like some recipes I find online cannot be prepared without the most expensive organic ingredients, I wonder why?
lol.gif

I've felt better for the last 8 years after eschewing dairy.

Oh, and the site better fix its spelling failures....kind of takes away from the integrity of their reporting.

My 7 year old loves milk in the US, here in Mexico not so much. Most of the milk is ultra pasteurized and is sold at room temp. Refrigeration is only needed once the container is opened. We give her milk for breakfast and sometimes at night for dinner (lunch is the big meal of the day here not dinner). The article stated to switch, among other things, raw goats milk, yea no thanks I'd rather not drink an e coli cocktail. I'd much rather have my kid drink a glass or 2 of milk than soda or "juice" that is 90 % sugar. Oh btw milk here in Mexico city is about 19 pesos a LITER so about 4 bucks a gallon, so a lot of people simply can't afford milk, soda is 8 pesos a liter and water is about 10 pesos a liter, there is a reason why mexico has surpassed the US in obesity. I think drinking moo juice in moderation has benefits, and compared to other drinks, is much better for you.

Last edited:
Agenda driven. Full of inaccuracies and untruths. The states and feds test for antibiotics and hormones at the dairy farms. If there is a trace of banned product in the milk they test, the farm has to dump their tanks which can hold a weeks work of milk. Then they have to deal with many regulations about how to dump that milk. It's a severe punishment. I have seen veterinarians hauled into federal court for using drugs off label in dairy cows or not observing milk discard rules.
Don't be afraid of milk.

I don't like Milk. A few times a year I will have a Latte from Dutch Bros. or some frozen Yogurt and rarely ice cream. I would guess grass fed cow milk would be better..

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Originally Posted by Donald
Humans are the only mammals to drink milk after being weened as a baby.
Humans are the only mammals that do a lot of things that other mammals don't. So what?

I have also read that humans are the only species that drinks milk from another species.

Originally Posted by Char Baby
Originally Posted by Donald
Humans are the only mammals to drink milk after being weened as a baby.
Humans are the only mammals that do a lot of things that other mammals don't. So what?

I have also read that humans are the only species that drinks milk from another species.
Horses , Dogs and Pigs eat fecal matter, theirs or others so as Mammals should we eat poop. I really had to post this.

We can all do our own research on food and diets....no one will be convinced by one-liners in here, but there is plenty of evidence in the health care field to be aware of what we eat....artiers and organs are hard to fix once they are injured...

Originally Posted by maxdustington
I hate the consistency and the way it coats your mouth. I used to eat a lot of cereal and I tried almond milk once and never again.
Same here. Tried almond milk on several occasions and just couldn't stand the taste/texture. I can somewhat tolerate coconut milk though.

Originally Posted by maxdustington
Same here. Tried almond milk on several occasions and just couldn't stand the taste/texture. I can somewhat tolerate coconut milk though.

The texture is from carnegeenan and other "thickening agents" like guar gum being added.
Make your own from bitter almonds, a tablespoon of sunflower oil, a packet of stevia and vanilla extract and you will instantly know the difference and the unpleasant texture is gone.

I have tried for years to find commercial almond milk with no thickening agents and you are stuck with only the most expensive brands at boutique stores.
The normal crap has thickening agents which taste and feel terrible.

I look at it this way. Cow milk works fine for some people, and causes all kinds of issues for other people. One has to do what works. If it gives you hives, or gastrointestinal stress, or makes you fat, don't drink it. If it doesn't, drink away.
wink.gif

milk is good for your bones, coca cola have the opposite effect. Sugar is the real bad guy. Worse off all is corn sirap and aspartam. So called fat free diet is not good at all.

I love milk!! I drink a gallon every 1 1/2 to 2 days. Either whole or 2%. I drink a huge glass of chocolate milk every night before I go to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back