re thinking Milk and your health

Status
Not open for further replies.
REAL milk aka RAW milk is best as it contains active enzymes + many other benefits NOT in DEAD milk aka pasuttized + homogenized that KILLS most benefits!!! real whole milk from grass fed cows contains more CLA, conjugated linoleic acid thats has anti cancer benefits + helps reduce body fat a PROBLEM for many americans today. since i learned about RAW milk on the Weston Price Foundation about 15 years ago i drink about 6 qts weekly + am a healthy 155 lb 5-8 tall 70 YO male that enjoys DIY for most everything. living in Pa Raw milk is legally available in many places like my local health food store, legality + availability from state to state but can be bought directly. raw milk is + must be cleaner as its NOT processed, read on weston price + it notes how FILTHY typical store milk is but its high temperature processing kills most everything!!! any skim or low fat milk is a bad joke that manufactures love as they sell the cream for $$$ + sell you the poor watery leftovers for $$$ as well!! one note when changing to raw start slowly as your body needs to adapt to the live milk or you will spend xtra time on the potty!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Bjornviken
milk is good for your bones, coca cola have the opposite effect. Sugar is the real bad guy. Worse off all is corn sirap and aspartam. So called fat free diet is not good at all.

I was an Aspartame junkie on Diet Coke up until the last couple of years and had been drinking gallons of it a day and started drinking it in the 1980's. I'm pretty sure I'm a good case study that its fine even in high doses. I have aunts, uncles and my mom who are all in good health and continue to drink this much of it.

Originally Posted by Char Baby
Quattro Pete said:
I have also read that humans are the only species that drinks milk from another species.

Oh, I don't know, cats seem to love milk. Of course, we give it to them.....

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Tried almond milk on several occasions and just couldn't stand the taste/texture. I can somewhat tolerate coconut milk though.

Interesting. I find that the almond-coconut blend tasty and I like the taste more than regular milk. My father LOVED cold milk though. He thought it was awesome, me not so much. I guess we are all different.

Last edited:
Donald is 100% correct...we don't NEED milk, or any of it's substitutes.

There's no dairy product that is essential to human health, full stop.

Where do (Australian) cows get all that calcium from to put in the milk ?

Green leafy vegetables.

Our family goes through maybe a half gallon a week, and that's with the kids drinking more as teenagers than they did 6-7 years ago.

(we have LOTS of chees, and a half pound of butter a week)

but courierdriver….you are on a mission to try to convince others to change their diet, to justify your own current practices. If you want to convince people, you need convincing argument, not junk sites

Last edited:
Originally Posted by CT8
Originally Posted by Char Baby
Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Originally Posted by Donald
Humans are the only mammals to drink milk after being weened as a baby.
Humans are the only mammals that do a lot of things that other mammals don't. So what?

I have also read that humans are the only species that drinks milk from another species.
Horses , Dogs and Pigs eat fecal matter, theirs or others so as Mammals should we eat poop. I really had to post this.

Why make a dumb analogy ?

Lactase, the enzyme that breaks down lactose is present in babies, and baby mammals, but usually ceases production at around weaning age.

So yes, humans, and mammals were not designed to keep consuming milk as they grow up.

However, humans with domesticated animals pushed biological evolution by continuing to partake in milk, and 5-10k years ago, the genes of Europeans mutated to include lactase persistence into adulthood. Similar genetic mutations occurred in other parts of the world, and now around half of humans are lactase persistent.

So NO, humans weren't designed to be milk drinkers, but persistence pays off, and we are halfway evolved to be able to fully process milk as a food.

As to animals eating faces, fecal matter transplants are relatively common these days to introduce healthy gut populations...not usually taken orally, but if it floats your boat, have at it.

Originally Posted by StevieC
milk is good for your bones, coca cola have the opposite effect. Sugar is the real bad guy. Worse off all is corn sirap and aspartam. So called fat free diet is not good at all.

I was an Aspartame junkie on Diet Coke up until the last couple of years and had been drinking gallons of it a day and started drinking it in the 1980's. I'm pretty sure I'm a good case study that its fine even in high doses. I have aunts, uncles and my mom who are all in good health and continue to drink this much of it.

Aspartame is poision just like tobaco. Some can handle it more than others. I have used snus in about 15 years and havent yet seen any negative effect from it.

Originally Posted by Shannow

While that is true you do need carbohydrates, protein, fat, calcium, and phosphorus, yes? Milk is simply a convenient way of drinking something tasty for most people and be added to a many recipe while getting nutrients that you need. Nothing wrong with drinking milk as an adult, but to each his own.

Cows don't eat vegetables, they are eating grasses, grains, and legumes for the most part. From an Australian newspaper.
https://www.smh.com.au/entertainmen...y-get-their-calcium-20060422-gdneei.html

Originally Posted by Andy636
Originally Posted by Rmay635703
I get asthma and skin problems when I drink milk so it's a no go for me

Then donkey milk it's for you...It works wonders...not kidding, but quite expensive at $80/gallon
Make sure it is milk from a Jennie.

I'll take my almond and cashew milk
smile.gif

Originally Posted by BigD1
And eggs have been bad for us and good for us how many times now. I lost count.

I have eaten the heck out of them 3a day for past years as everyone should. Last week at doctors office doctor says dang man how you stay that lean and built ha it's all what you eat and work how you out at 46 healthier than ever and eat tons of food it's just knowing what and when. PS it won't happen being vegetarian.

Originally Posted by Cujet
Originally Posted by Donald
Humans are the only mammals to drink milk after being weened as a baby. We don't really need it.

Humans are the only mammals to change a naturally growing grass into corn crop that will not reproduce without human intervention, done over the centuries. Should we also avoid all corn?

Corn will reproduce on it's own just fine. Even the GMO. And I'd also limit corn consumption.

Aspartame is poision just like tobaco. Some can handle it more than others. I have used snus in about 15 years and havent yet seen any negative effect from it.

Please provide proof. This is the most studied artificial substance on the planet and even the stringent folks in the EU studied it and found it to be safe.

Source: https://www.efsa.europa.eu/en/topics/topic/aspartame
The sweetener aspartame and its breakdown products have been a matter of extensive investigation for more than 30 years including experimental animal studies, clinical research, intake and epidemiological studies and post-marketing surveillance. It has been found to be safe and authorised for human consumption for many years and in many countries following thorough safety assessments.

In December 2013 EFSA published its first full risk assessment of aspartame. The opinion concludes that aspartame and its breakdown products are safe for general population (including infants, children and pregnant women).

Last edited:
Originally Posted by StevieC

Please provide proof. This is the most studied artificial substance on the planet and even the stringent folks in the EU studied it and found it to be safe.

Source: https://www.efsa.europa.eu/en/topics/topic/aspartame
The sweetener aspartame and its breakdown products have been a matter of extensive investigation for more than 30 years including experimental animal studies, clinical research, intake and epidemiological studies and post-marketing surveillance. It has been found to be safe and authorised for human consumption for many years and in many countries following thorough safety assessments.

In December 2013 EFSA published its first full risk assessment of aspartame. The opinion concludes that aspartame and its breakdown products are safe for general population (including infants, children and pregnant women).

I don't have any proof, just anecdotal experience. If I consume any diet drinks or anything else with aspartame, I have a god awful headache for a few hours afterwards. That's most likely just me though since I haven't met anyone else who reacts to it the same way.

It's most likely an intolerance which can happen with any thing. I have intolerance to onions (I'm Italian background, go figure). I love them but they certainly don't love me and I will break out into hives just being in the room with someone cutting them. Cooked in something I'm ok but raw no way. I remember I got a couple raw pieces on a sub I was eating by accident and then I broke out into hives within minutes.

As for Aspartame, well I have consumed so much I'm pretty sure it's safe. I'm sure their stock has dropped considerably since I switched diets and have been steering clear of things processed, un-real, artificial etc. That said I will indulge in Diet Coke here/there occasionally when water isn't readily available.

Last edited:
Sweet tea is my crutch. I'll have the occasional craving for something carbonated. I have service-connected PTSD issues, and when my anxiety gets high, I binge eat for comfort. It's a major problem that's eventually going to catch up to me.

Originally Posted by SVTCobra
Originally Posted by Shannow

While that is true you do need carbohydrates, protein, fat, calcium, and phosphorus, yes? Milk is simply a convenient way of drinking something tasty for most people and be added to a many recipe while getting nutrients that you need. Nothing wrong with drinking milk as an adult, but to each his own.

Cows don't eat vegetables, they are eating grasses, grains, and legumes for the most part. From an Australian newspaper.
https://www.smh.com.au/entertainmen...y-get-their-calcium-20060422-gdneei.html

Green leafy vegetables...grass...even per your link that's clear.
re the majority, as I stated, the lactase enzyme production in later life is not universal...it's a modern mutation, which indicates that milk was NOT a part of our evolutionary diet, but we are evolving to have it as a normal part.

try re-reading my post.

"convenient" doesn't describe necessary.

Last edited:
I've been on and off and on milk over the years. Even though cows in NZ live outside all year eating grass, the milk I drank as a kid is nothing like the stuff I (don't ) drink now. It just gets put in the few cups of tea or coffee I drink during the day. On farms, there was a jug dipped after the morning and evening milks for home use. The milk was like cream, the cream like yoghurt...and very nice. As a kid in the '50's we got milk laddled from a can at the gate into a ''billy''....and then walk back home without spilling...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back