Ratchets With Lowest Back Drag ?

I recommend you try an ICON rachet from Harbor Freight - their ICON brand is top notch. The rachet has a 90 tooth design and works very well in tight spaces - better than a 72 tooth one and they run around $50

I recommend you try an ICON rachet from Harbor Freight - their ICON brand is top notch. The rachet has a 90 tooth design and works very well in tight spaces - better than a 72 tooth one and they run around $50
i'd like to get one of those icon ratchets but idk why harbor freight never sends me any coupons AT ALL!
I've signed up many times too!
i'd like to get a 25% off Icon tools coupon 😢

I have 2 stubby Kokens, one in 1/4 and one in 3/8. I would not trust the same mechanism in a longer ratchet in a high torque situation, but they work well for me as flex head stubbys.

I have the Hazet and Stahlwille he tested. The Hazet is bombproof. Sockets have almost no play when engaged. The mechanism feels great just the backlash is not ideal. The Stahlwille is probably one of the best all around. It has low backlash but not quite as low as Koken Z.

+1 the Hazet is a tank, the Stahwille, Koken Z and Nepros are a little more refined and under normal use will not break and if you do get silly with it they can all be rebuilt for low cost. The Gedore and Facom have no place in this test, the Gedore is older than old school in design, that style is long gone and the Facom is a non rebuildable DIY tool.
I had a toothless ratchet and gave it away, it worked okay but the feel was not very confidence inspiring. IMO the braking test is bogus, every one of them surpassed ANSI and DIN spec of 150 lb.ft.

got some master force 1/4,,,and crecent,,,low drag,i just oiled with a light vis, nice movement,the larger ratchets (3/8) and larger have more drag,,just oil them helps ,facom are really nice and smooth

Back