3/8” Drive Ratchet in a 1/4” Drive Body - Options?

I am looking for a 3/8” dr ratchet in a 1/4” body. The main reason for this is head depth.

These are my requirements:

- Head Depth of 10mm or less
- Quick Release
- Minimum 6” long, prefer 10” if possible
- Comfort Grip

So far, the only ratchet I have found is the new Koken 2726zb-3/8(L160):

IMG_3555.jpeg

Pictures: https://www.harryepstein.com/ko-ken...es-quick-release-ratchet-2726zb-3-8-l160.html

Are there any other candidates that I should be aware of?

There were some you could just swap in a 1/4" anvil, but I couldn't begin to tell you which. Maybe some of the GW 84/88t??

edit: er ok realized immediately I was backwards, but should be swap in a 3/8" anvil....

Will a Wright 3440 Flex work for you?
I don't particularly like that style of head, but I'll consider.

There were some you could just swap in a 1/4" anvil, but I couldn't begin to tell you which. Maybe some of the GW 84/88t??

edit: er ok realized immediately I was backwards, but should be swap in a 3/8" anvil....
It seems like the Matco's are easier to swap than the current crop of Snap on FLL80's. I might go that route...

How about a really short adapter and use a 1/4 inch drive? I have been eyeing these ones. If you buy them and let me know if there any good, I would be greatly appreciative :)

View attachment 156107

I have those one is a matco and two are starr

I don’t think the make the starr anymore which is why I had gotten a matco when I lost the other one.

But they are handy.

Attachments

• AE6D7F7F-C9BA-467C-AE0B-4F275FBC6305.jpeg
    AE6D7F7F-C9BA-467C-AE0B-4F275FBC6305.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 8
You're limited by the quick release function that you want. It rules out a lot of ratchets that can be converted from 1/4" drive to 3/8" drive. I use a converted flex head 1/4" drive Snap-On with a 3/8" anvil.

I think I'm going to remove the Quick Release requirement and do a Matco AFR128 conversion.

Reactions: D60
So does this also fit in GW-branded counterparts, or is it a different animal?
Some of them. I am not too familiar with the GW lineup.

I believe this thread explains the possible candidates:

Back