2009 Acura TSX: Very Disappointing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
They were not meant to be exciting. The goal is to totally isolate the driver from the road.

Suggested new slogan:

Riders wanted.

OT, kinda:
speaking of Lexus, Lexus should resurrect the CS-hardtop (SC300 and SC400) from pre-2001 (or 2002)...

917089sc300.jpg

They don't have a 2-door coupe right now
(I hate the current CS-convertibles; they're nothing like the "older" SC series pictured above)
OR: they should make a 2-dr IS.

That TSX looks nothing special, btw

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: badtlc
I dont know about the looks, but 201hp from a 2.4L i4 NA is pretty impressive to me. No need for a turbo.

170ftlbs of torque is lackluster (and the peak comes very high), even compared to some of it's "lesser" competitor's BASE engines....... I'd like to see exactly where the premium price $'s are going??

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
OT, kinda:
speaking of Lexus, Lexus should resurrect the CS-hardtop (SC300 and SC400) from pre-2001 (or 2002)...

917089sc300.jpg

They don't have a 2-door coupe right now
(I hate the current CS-convertibles; they're nothing like the "older" SC series pictured above)
OR: they should make a 2-dr IS.

That TSX looks nothing special, btw

The Toyota Soarer.. Fantastic car.

That engine is lame. It should def have the 2.3T, maybe that'll be in the RSX.

Personally, I like the old TSX and want my mom to get one before the car gets too big for her city garage.

Since I can't afford every car I like, my way to gauge if I "like" a car is if I won it in a raffle, would I keep it or trade it in. That opens the door to a lot more vehicles than the few I would spend my own cash on.

I agree the deisgn is so-so, but why does ANYONE need AWD unless they live in snow on a hill or a turbo engine? This isn't a Playstation 3 that any idiot can drive.

Ever drive a current TSX with a manual? It is a pretty amazing car.

More power would always be great, but what I would like is the handling it has, with the build quality it has, less electronic [censored] in the dashboard, and better mileage.

Originally Posted By: ffracer
I agree the deisgn is so-so, but why does ANYONE need AWD unless they live in snow on a hill or a turbo engine? This isn't a Playstation 3 that any idiot can drive.

More power would always be great, but what I would like is the handling it has, with the build quality it has, less electronic [censored] in the dashboard, and better mileage.
I haven't driven one but I think I agree with you completely. Hp not= fun.

I agree. And while I don't care for the latest generation, I have put a number of miles on my son's 04. 6 Speeds of silky smooth tranny and 200HP is more than adequate minus kid racers and those that feel they need a 1/4 mile 13 sec ET GroceryGetter.

I agree the deisgn is so-so, but why does ANYONE need AWD

Who said anything about AWD? RWD would be nice though.

I sold Acura cars over a decade ago ... but I'm a lousy sales person so I didn't last long in that job.

However, I learned a lot while I was there.

Lexus, BMW & Mercedes had a lot of success selling against Acura ... describing Honda's pricier brother as a "near-luxury" brand. They cited its front wheel drive layout, V6 rather than V8 engines as well as it's rather close association with Honda and Honda models.

This placement/design philosophy has always placed Acura in a weird spot ... not quite up there with the top luxury makes of the world ... but much more expensive than comparable Honda models.

Personally, I'm over wanting "luxury" in a vehicle. Give me a well built, fun-to-drive car without too many silly frills and I'm happy. I used to drive an Integra (I miss the Integra ... and I know I'm not alone) but am now pretty happy in my Honda Civic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back