Questoions how to use LC and FP .... and Neutra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking about getting some LC and FP for my cars. Here are some questions:

1. LC in the engine oil. Does it work with dino and synth (PAO and POE) both? Is it a flush before drain or to be used continiously? What are the use rates?

2. FP in the gas. Can I store a vehicle for four/five months with this stuff in there? What does it actually do? Does it clean carbon out of combustion chambers? What are the use rates?

3. Neutra is a fuel additive, but some recommend it as a flush in the engine oil before draining, right? What are the use rates in gas and motor oil? How does it comapre to LC/FP?

Thanks everyone for helping me to make a decision!!
smile.gif

I have & use all of these, so here goes.

LC: Works well with dino, blends, & PAO synthetics. You can use it as a flush, it's probably at its best in continuous use, though. As a flush: in a 4-5 qt system, maybe 16-20 oz, run/idle a few minutes when warm, then drain & change oil. Continuous use: at fresh oil fill, add ~1.5 to 2 oz of LC for every quart of oil, then add a "booster dose" of 1 oz to 3 oz every 1000-1200 miles, depending on engine dieplacement, oil capacity, etc. In my 2.0 liter, 4.5 qt 4-cyl, I use about 1.5 oz. in Mom's 4.6 liter Mercury V-8, I use ~2.5-3 oz. See my 15000 mile UOA using Schaeffer blend oil & LC- it's good!
grin.gif
I'm now using LC in Lubro Moly 0w40 PAO synthetic.

FP: is a combustion enhancer for fuel, also seems to work as a good fuel stabilizer. Std dose is 1 oz/5 gal of fuel, either gas or diesel. If you think your combustion chambers might be kinda cruddy, you might try a double dose on the first tank or two. It will clean them, & continued use will keep them clean. Best added when tank is low, add FP & then fill with fuel at "wide open"- agitation will ensure it mixes well. Great stuff.

Neutra: For engine cleaner, add ~1-1.5 oz/qt of oil, drive for the last ~400-600 miles of fill, then drain & change oil. Some use a full 12 oz bottle in 5-6 qt systems this way. For fuel: ~1 oz/gallon, especially as a "first time" cleaner. After cleaning, reduced doses of 1 oz/3 or even 4 gal will help keep chambers clean. Also a good fuel stabilizer, & also great stuff. Cheaper by the gallon jug, more convenient in the 12 oz bottles.

Which should you buy? I vote for all three!
grin.gif

[ November 26, 2003, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: Stuart Hughes ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back