PurOl Oil (5w30)----AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: r34dy2fly
Originally Posted By: Flareside302
So how bout that VOA that probably won't ever show up...

Such a shame. From what I'm reading, I'd like to give this oil a try but if it holds no API certs and there are no actual VOA or UOA, it looks like it'll be out of reach for my car for now. At least until warranty period is over.

How is it a shame? That VOA wouldn't have shown API certification (or any other for that matter).

Originally Posted By: Solarent
I look forward to seeing the VOA/UOA results - although one set of samples does not make up for the complete lack of technical data available by the company.

One would be a fool to use an oil with no certifications based upon a VOA.

A 212C flashpoint for the 5W30 wasn't sounding too hot to me.
With 1565 ppm of phosphorus, it's not gonna be API SN, either (600-800 range).

I like the name with the umlauts, but not planning to run it...

Their website says "#PurÖl meets and exceeds all current European #ACEA standards for oil quality, efficiency and performance." Isn't it impossible to simultaneously meet A1/B1 and A3/B4?

Well, this probably isn't gonna help either being my first post as well, but I've been running purol 10w-40 in my E55 amg the past 2 oil changes. I currently have a pint jar full of the prior oil change, and with my next oil change happening this month, ill grab a pint from it too.
I am not easy on my car, i drive it pretty aggressively, it makes 484whp/526wtq on a dyno dynamics dyno uncorrected. And I go 10k miles/1 year between changes.

Could I have bought into snake oil? It's possible. But given that my understanding is Bisimoto has a phd in chemical engineering, I kinda put faith in his skillset of not selling something without results. I'll follow through with this page on my analysis from Blackstone afterwards, as my engine just crossed over 100 thousand miles.

(idk much about oil analysis and such, but hopefully it'll help fill in the gaps for those skeptical)

Originally Posted By: Mitchdetailed
Well, this probably isn't gonna help either being my first post as well, but I've been running purol 10w-40 in my E55 amg the past 2 oil changes. I currently have a pint jar full of the prior oil change, and with my next oil change happening this month, ill grab a pint from it too.

Does your car burn any oil? Would you be willing to do a UOA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back