Prostate Removal

I equate tinnitus to constant pain. People can't see the thing that's making you suffer. I have a great family and really good friends, but everyone eventually gets to the point they don't want to hear about it any longer.

When I was at my worst and was considering offing myself (I can't even say the S word), my thoughts at the time were "I'll show tinnitus who the boss is. I can stop IT if I do THAT." Talk about irrational.

Sad but true, I need to take a benzo to dial myself back a notch or two - just from talking about it here.

Scott
I have it and am able to ignore it so far. But I can see where people can't ignore it.

Im not understanding your post. My biopsies we performed based on imaging from previous MRIs done right before the biopsies showing "hot spots"
They take 12 (or 15 I forget) samples of those and around those hotspots to test. For example a family member had 8 of 12 sample areas with cancer and shown to be aggressive.

So far they took at least 36 (or 45) samples of prostrate tissue from me
I didn't have any MRI before the surgery. Maybe back then insurance wouldn't pay.

I didn't have any MRI before the surgery. Maybe back then insurance wouldn't pay.
No, it wouldn’t be before the surgery. I had three MRIs each one was right before the 3 biopsies over a multi year time frame. meaning they use the MRI to look for hotspots and wear best to take the tissue samples.
Do you remember getting an MRI before the biopsy?
Gosh seems to be so many variables for diagnosis and treatment with this gland

It’s funny you should mention about insurance. My first one was around 2018 and I remember at the time my company insurance policy would not approve an MRI based on the criteria I even filed for a appeal eventually maybe six months later I finally got it.

After that one, the two following ones were no problem but then again those were different insurance companies

No, it wouldn’t be before the surgery. I had three MRIs each one was right before the 3 biopsies over a multi year time frame. meaning they use the MRI to look for hotspots and wear best to take the tissue samples.
Do you remember getting an MRI before the biopsy?
Gosh seems to be so many variables for diagnosis and treatment with this gland

It’s funny you should mention about insurance. My first one was around 2018 and I remember at the time my company insurance policy would not approve an MRI based on the criteria I even filed for a appeal eventually maybe six months later I finally got it.

After that one, the two following ones were no problem but then again those were different insurance companies
No MRI before biopsy or surgery. There was also a new genetic test on the market about a year after my surgery that predicts how aggressive the type of cancer you have/had is. They keep those tissues for some time so they called up a sample and sent it for the test. Mine was a less aggressive cancer. Those tests may be routine these days. It must have been correct because I'm still cancer free.

Just passing on that this week I am having my prostate removed due to cancer. If anyone has been thru this and has any tips/info to share I sure would appreciate it! I will be having the robotic style surgery and the catheder will be thru the stomach both of which I am told make the process a little easier but the recovery time will still be 4-6 weeks.
Radio check …

UPDATE:

Surgery went very well! I just finally was able to cap off the catheder this morning and pee normally so tomorrow I go and they wil remove the catherder from my belly. It is all going to plan and the next steps are getting bladder control and function back. I am able to move around well and the pain is gone from my stomach area with just some bladder discomfort.

I appreciate everyone and sorry for the delay update - I was waiting for the first pee to make sure there were not other complications. This was supposed to happen last week but I had minor complications were I could not pee and had to wear this catheder an additional week - and today it finally came to be.

UPDATE:

Surgery went very well! I just finally was able to cap off the catheder this morning and pee normally so tomorrow I go and they wil remove the catherder from my belly. It is all going to plan and the next steps are getting bladder control and function back. I am able to move around well and the pain is gone from my stomach area with just some bladder discomfort.

I appreciate everyone and sorry for the delay update - I was waiting for the first pee to make sure there were not other complications. This was supposed to happen last week but I had minor complications were I could not pee and had to wear this catheder an additional week - and today it finally came to be.

Thank You for the update. Glad your surgery went well. I’ll continue to pray for good health sir 👍🍻🇺🇸

Back