Prices going up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How's a farmer going to stay in business selling milk for a buck a gallon?

All that extra cash is going to find its way to stocks and real estate sooner or later where it won't circulate. Normal consumer prices will be neither here nor there unless something changes to the dollar on the world stage.

check the price of wiper blades. I went to O'Reillys to get blades for my 1990 Ranger. It was $17+ for the least expensive blades in 18". I ordered them from Rock Auto and they were less than $3 for Anco

Walmart still has cheap generic blades. B&M Auto parts stores are turning into convenience stores for when you need something immediately right then. Mail order is where the smart money is.

Everyone noticing the prices of everything rapidly going up? Regular unleaded is almost $3 a gallon here while premium is $4. My cheap $1 a gallon milk is almost $3. My under a dollar dozen eggs is nearing $2. Fresh fruit and vegetables are getting expensive. Cheapy fast food meals are nearing $10 (not that I eat them but just have observed). The restaurants we like to go to though seem the same and haven't gone up. It's mostly gas and groceries.
We have noticed restaurants getting more expensive here in the Southeast.

Good thing you finally noticed.

Tip: buy a cardigan sweater now before the winter comes. You will be asked to put it on. Prices of sweaters will skyrocket on the demand.
+ 1 on the sweaters.The price of natural gas just hit $4.

E2016CEB-1C24-4A47-B589-4B35128CDFDD.jpg

check the price of wiper blades. I went to O'Reillys to get blades for my 1990 Ranger. It was $17+ for the least expensive blades in 18". I ordered them from Rock Auto and they were less than $3 for Anco
What did you expect? Most of the time we complain about brick and mortar stores are a ripoff—compared to online pricing. Next time try Walmart, I think I paid $10 a blade, more than Rock (what was shipping?) but had them same day, so that adds value.

No tin cans for my wife and kids... never had anything lighter than a Chrysler mini-van for them and I wasn't happy with the size of that, either. The extra fuel was worth the piece of mind.
I hear you. I was happy when the wife moved up from a Civic to a Camry, dropping from 40mpg down to 35 was well worth it to me. [Of course her new Camry does 50 so now it stings even less!]

I hear you. I was happy when the wife moved up from a Civic to a Camry, dropping from 40mpg down to 35 was well worth it to me. [Of course her new Camry does 50 so now it stings even less!]
Yep, I agree.

But you don’t need a 6000 Lb Chevy Suburban to have a safe vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back