Prepaid service plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been checking out prepaid maintenance plans, and they work out a bit cheaper than if you were to pay for them at the required interval. But comparing the prepaid and regular service schedule for instance, the prepaid plan has timing belt replacement scheduled at 100,000 km (62,500 miles), whereas it is 60,000 km (37,500 miles) with the regular plan. I couldn't help but wonder...are cheaper parts generally used for prepaid maintenance, or do they skimp/postpone replacement of certain items, etc. to reduce costs and make them more attractive?

Obviously it changes from manufacturer to manufacture, dealer to dealer, and in this case country to country...but I was interested in a general insight so to speak.
55.gif

You have to be carefull with the extended intervals and ask what parts are being used because it boils down to they arent going to sell it to you if they loose money on the deal so not that they are all bad but you must ask lots of questions about the specific plan/vehicle combo you are considering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back