PQIA tests 5w30 high mileage oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys... Look at latest test by PQIA high mileage oils. All passed easily. Of note... Valvoline Maxlife no longer Dexos approved... Though NOACK is 11.someting so it actually makes that standard easily. And STP has a NOACK of 10.8% and TBN 8.6 I think. Pretty good on that. I believe STP is being made by Amalie.

Quaker State HM, with moly and boron , Nice
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Was Valvoline Maxlife the big bang, the beginning of the HM universe?

I believe it was.

Glad to see it hasn't been "cheapened" now that it's no longer Dexos. Still has decent NOACK and CCS for a blend.

I'd totally run that QS HM as well.

That's what I thought as well Wemay. STP looks like a real deal player.

Thank you Sir Tannon for adding the link.

Originally Posted By: BikeWhisperer
The lower calcium in the MaxLife looks good for aging GDI engines

That would come into play for T-GDI since just GDI has not shown ill-effects associated with Ca additive technology.

Originally Posted By: Carbon12
Glad to see it hasn't been "cheapened" now that it's no longer Dexos. Still has decent NOACK and CCS for a blend.

They sure mucked with the labelling, though. I wish they'd left well enough alone. It's been a bit harder to find up here than it used to be, so I hadn't really noticed how much they changed the packaging.

Now they've given up dexos1, how about jack up the HTHS and get rid of the ILSAC certification?
wink.gif
Of course, they don't want to get rid of the API spec altogether, lest California do something drastic, but I digress.

In my parts at Wal Mart -- the QS HM oil are priced $13.68 for the 5 quart jug. That will be the next oil going into the Subaru in signature when its due. Thanks for the link also.

Dale

Originally Posted By: BAJA_05
In my parts at Wal Mart -- the QS HM oil are priced $13.68 for the 5 quart jug. That will be the next oil going into the Subaru in signature when its due. Thanks for the link also.

Dale
Same here

Wow they have really altered the Maxlife add pack since I last looked at it. Calcium/Mag add pack with no sodium now.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: Carbon12

They sure mucked with the labelling, though. I wish they'd left well enough alone. It's been a bit harder to find up here than it used to be, so I hadn't really noticed how much they changed the packaging.

Now they've given up dexos1, how about jack up the HTHS and get rid of the ILSAC certification?
wink.gif
Of course, they don't want to get rid of the API spec altogether, lest California do something drastic, but I digress.

Yes, would be really nice if the HTHS was about 3.3-3.4 and ditch the Resource Conserving. In the meantime, my older GMC will get 10w40 for the 6th quart on top of 5 qts 5w30. Seems to work well.

I've been using 5w-30 QS HM in the Subaru (181,000 miles). I guess I'll start using the 10w-30 QS HM in the '52 Chevy Deluxe... even though the odometer only reads 74,712 miles...
wink.gif

I was on the fence between using a 10w-30 High Mileage oil or Rotella 10w-30. I think I'll go with the QS HM.

Originally Posted By: BAJA_05

Dale

Been thinking about putting QSHM 5w-30 in my Tahoe, once my first free oil change is completed. This test just confirmed my thinking. A good, quality oil with no hype or fancy additives. Plus, a 5 qt. jug for under $14.00? Yes, please!
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back