PQIA results for three API SP 0W-20 oils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pennzoil must be using some type of non-metallic additive to replace P/Zn.
Pennzoil might be using their old tried and true "Z7" additive. Remember those days?

1649028049266.png

@buster sent this to me earlier.

Pennzoil must be using some type of non-metallic additive to replace P/Zn.

Fram and Castrol Edge are barely under the 12.5% NOACK cut-off for Dexos 1 Gen 3. 😬
Disappointing Noack on that Castrol product for sure.

And yes, SOPUS must be using something Infineum cooked up because those Zinc/Phos levels are wickedly low!

I got so peeved one day I blasted a guy in one of those comment sections and I postd in off topic here, boy I was HOT at that ignorance. Mods pulled my post quick and I wasn't surprised :ROFLMAO:
🤭
I've seen otherwise good mechanics not know motor oil worth a farn.

At least I liked my old wrench. He told me. "Hey. I'll put any oil you want in there. I'll put 20W-50 in if you tell me to. Shoot, I'll put 10W-60 or Straight 60 in, if you want. I'm just telling you, it says it takes 5W-30, so you should be fine with 10W-40, that's what I use."

Disappointing Noack on that Castrol product for sure.

And yes, SOPUS must be using something Infineum cooked up because those Zinc/Phos levels are wickedly low!
And that's not even the latest incarnation of PP 0W-20, as I've seen it in Dexos 1 Gen 3 show up at my local Walmart now. Do you think they're using Alkalythed Naphtalenes now?

Do you happen to know the MRV @ -40C for Mobil 1 EP 0W-20?

I know for a fact that the Pennzoil Platinum line is a direct corresponded (as in rebadged) Shell Helix Ultra line-up.

I wonder if anyone knows what the Pennzoil Ultra Platinum lineup corresponds to in Shell's lineup? I doubt that they would make a specific blend other than the Pennzoil Ultra Platinum SRT 0W-40, which they haven't updated in a while, other than moving it to API SP.

Topic duplicate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back