PP 5W20 bottom of jug debris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pennzoil should use dark jugs then you wouldn't even realize it....
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: SilverFusion2010
Then shake and pour. Or you could just not worry about it.

^^This. I posted about it here several years ago, but I was changing transmission fluid in my '71 Cougar that takes type "F". You drain the torque converter on this car, so it takes quite a few quarts. About half the oil I put in was Pennzoil and the other half was WM oil. It had probably sat on the shelf in the store for several years, but all of the Pennzoil had deposits in the bottom of the quart containers. I didn't see any in the WM containers, but perhaps the oil was a lot newer.
I just poured some WM oil into the Pennzoil containers and shook it up real good before dumping it into the transmission.
This site has got everybody shook up and worried over the smallest things.

I will still always continue to use it though,it's always the smoothest running oil no matter what vehicle it goes it. The flakes on the bottom just kind've piqued my curiosity.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I will still always continue to use it though,it's always the smoothest running oil no matter what vehicle it goes it. The flakes on the bottom just kind've piqued my curiosity.

You just bought some QSUD 0W20 didnt you?

Besides youre a CASTROL GTX/Edge guy

Yeah I'll probably teeter between the QSUD and PP. Edge 0W20 is tempting. I was hardcore GTX 20W50 in everything back in the day,probably since the 80s. Imagine that first jug of 0W20 I had to buy haha
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back