Mobil 1 FS 0w40 vs 5w40 vs 5w50 vs 15w50 in a modified LT4 in warmer climate??

They’re definitely different oils - I’ve sent a msg to Mobil asking for info and I also created a thread about them here to see if somone at BITOG already knows what the different intended applications are. Both seem good.

I’m in the reverse situation as you, I have a box of Supercar 5w50 that I paid $13 per quart for - so if nothing else, FS X2 is a better price!
Keep me posted on what they have to say. Curious to know the differences as well. From my understanding, the only difference between the 0w40 ESP/Supercar and the 0w40 Euro was that the ESP/Supercar was a low SAPS oil to protect the cats. With emissions removed, the 0w40 Euro was the better oil from what I read. I’d imagine the differences would be similar in the 5w50 case as well.

And no joke! I think I paid $7 or $8 a quart for the FS X2 I picked up.

@Neversatisfied02 since your cats are removed the FS (full saps) oil you have is perfect. And you saved a bunch over Supercar.
Nice. I replied before I read through all of the responses but I assumed that would be the case. I’ve run the 0w40 ESP/Supercar thus far but once I realized the ESP/Supercar was just a lower SAPS oil, I planned to switch to the Euro 0w40 but decided to bump the weight up since the car is fairly heavily modded and I’m in a warmer climate. Figured it couldn’t hurt and still gives good cold start protection.

I was between the 5w50 and the 15w50 but I went ahead and scooped up a bunch of 5w50 since I plan to leave it in all year. Car isn’t a daily either and I’m in Houston, TX so we don’t see cold temps often but we do see them every now and then for short bursts. Figured the 5w50 was a solid solution!
Nice AMA sticker on the lunch pail!

with that kinda $$$ invested use a real synthetic, my 2001 TT with only 4.25 qts gets RedLine 15-50 year around in Pa although it rarely comes out in winters. my boost vac gauge is higher + the loose 1.8T that sees 25 lbs boost uses less oil, it works for me! i would contact HPL for their expertise + run what they suggest, DON'T cheap out!!

with that kinda $$$ invested use a real synthetic, my 2001 TT with only 4.25 qts gets RedLine 15-50 year around in Pa although it rarely comes out in winters. my boost vac gauge is higher + the loose 1.8T that sees 25 lbs boost uses less oil, it works for me! i would contact HPL for their expertise + run what they suggest, DON'T cheap out!!
I actually messaged him a short while back and we discussed it. I’d have to go back to look at what he said to quote it exactly but… Long story short… He said the Mobil 1 Euro is good stuff and more than sufficient enough for what I’m doing. He said the HPL is marginally better but for the simplicity and convenience of having it available locally, he said I could run the Mobil 1 and wouldn’t have a concern with it in his opinion.

Although more expensive, my favorite oil is Molygen’s 5W-40. Holds up really well to the abuse my twin turbo provides. Plus it has effective anti wear additives.

Back