Dodge Durango 8HP45 transmission filter change - pictures

One of these would probably work too.
duplicate_570915l_1_572916l.jpg

Excellent quality tools.
That’s just a 1/4“ hex torx bit in a 1/4” female universal socket. And held in somehow….

That’s just a 1/4“ hex torx bit in a 1/4” female universal socket. And held in somehow….
Yes and no. It’s more compact. Swaged together. A purpose built, compact tool. No worries of having the bit fall out while trying to work and shorter than a bit in a socket.

And available in T40.

Their universal sockets are compact, very useful for tight quarters work.

Yes and no. It’s more compact. Swaged together. A purpose built, compact tool. No worries of having the bit fall out while trying to work and shorter than a bit in a socket.

And available in T40.

Their universal sockets are compact, very useful for tight quarters work.
I haven’t found anything more compact than these:

IMG_4542.jpeg

I haven’t found anything more compact than these:

View attachment 166112
That’s a nice tool, and I like that it plugs right into an impact.

However, it’s six inches long with limited articulation. It also has a large head.

There are places on my Mercedes where that will not fit, due to the limited articulation, and large head.

But the 1/4” drive universal socket will fit, because of the very small head and good articulation of the universal. Can’t use a driver in a space that small anyway.

It’s up to Wayne to choose what works for him. And simply getting around the one frame rail might make your suggestion a better choice for him.

However, it’s six inches long with limited articulation. It also has a large head.
I think each tool can potentially serve a different purpose. I don't think one option is necessarily "better" than the other. However...

There are places on my Mercedes where that will not fit, due to the limited articulation, and large head.

But the 1/4” drive universal socket will fit, because of the very small head and good articulation of the universal. Can’t use a driver in a space that small anyway.
The "joint" style universals may have a greater range of motion (compared to the ball style), but they are not very usable at extreme angles anyway. For this reason, I personally find the ball style universals to be more practical.

Most likely from machining, They look Aluminum? 8HP's have a ton of Aluminum parts in them plus the Case itself.....So a few stray machining chips is to be expected. No concern!
Yes, I would say they look aluminum.

Thanks for the response!

I have a 2021 WK, and they removed the drain plug on the teans pan on this model year. So I'll have to do a transfer pan replacement when I do a fuild drain.

Back