Post your new battery purchase.

Needed a three year one. I suppose I could have settled for a cheaper unit but the book called for a T5 and I didn't have lots of time to get it done.
Apparently the dimensions are pretty much the same, and in some applications like one where the battery is clamped from the top or the front/back flanges they're interchangeable, but I just looked up the hold down on the Ford Edge and it looks like the side flange on the H/T type batteries is needed, but it does look like the mount bracket has two positions it can be screwed into so you can fit a T5 or H5 and another that can fit a T6 or H6
1689641108952.png

Bought one for the neighbor daughter. 1998 Corolla for $46.00 and a 4 year no hassle warranty. No name industrial battery shop battery. I've had really good luck with them.

Last one (and probably the next): COSTCO (Interatate).
- easy to find, good turnover there, good warranty, easy returns, good price, I assume equal to most stuff out there.

FWIW: my kid that lives out of state, I got her a Walmart one. Reasons similar to COSTCO. But locations everywhere and really easy for a young girl to have it swapped out if needed.

I was inclined ti go NAPA or even local parts store, but their prices were unreasonably imo higher

2015 Toyota Tacoma
Out 5 year old Duracell AGM. Slow cranking

In Die hard platinum AGM. Had one for 7 years in a 2002 Tacoma and still cranked when I got rid of the truck.

I just bought a new Autozone Valucraft battery for the 2000 Saturn. The previous battery (also an Autozone Valucraft) lasted 6 years. My Saturn has generally been good with batteries (the original battery installed at the factory lasted about 9 years!). I checked the voltage of the old battery prior to replacing it; it read about 10.5 volts, obviously in dire need of replacement! And it still started the car, but cranking was slow.

2005 Lexus LS430
Out: AAA branded Deka, made 5/2016
In: Interstate branded Costco AGM, made by Clarios Mexico, 6/2023 production

Not taking a risk of acid puke with a “open” battery in this car.

Feb - Costco Interstate for niece's 2015 Honda Oddy
March - Costco Interstate for our 2001 Tundra
May - Costco Interstate for our 2006 TSX
June - Costco Interstate AGM for our 2021 RX450h
This Friday - Tesla battery for our 2018 Model 3

Soon? The Lexus battery in our 2013 GS350, gotta be 7 years old or more...

Interstate AGM for our son’s 2012 Jetta. H5 AGM is the only battery Costco had available in stock. Still at $183, it was cheaper than Autozone or Advance Auto standard batteries (nonAGM).

2018 Elantra

Out: Factory Solite H5(?) AGM
In: Everstart H6 AGM. No COO on the label but serial # starts with "JC" so a Clarios/Johnson Controls unit likely made in 🇺🇸

I thought I was going to have to buy a new battery this week when the Expedition wouldn't crank... 4 and a half year old Walmart special. Turns out it was just dirty terminals. It tested as having 89% of the rated cranking amps and has lasted more than twice the warranty period.

Out: An East Penn "Blem" purchased for $55. It managed to last 4 years and 9 months (close to 114,000 miles).

In: A Clarios Interstate from Costco.

Out: An East Penn "Blem" purchased for $55. It managed to last 4 years and 9 months (close to 114,000 miles).

In: A Clarios Interstate from Costco.
Where in the wide wide world of sports do you find a blem battery? I know where I can get a lot of blem stuff, never heard of a battery.

T'amo blems!

I've never seen a date code on a Mart battery covered by a factory label. What is Mart letting an H7 go for these days, just out of curiosity? I have an H6 - when I replace I'll go to a 7.
The H7 AGM was just under $200 with tax etc …

Back