Post your new battery purchase.

I have purchased three batteries in the last two months. Two are Walmart Value (bottom rung). These are for vehicles rarely driven and are on BatteryMinder maintainers. The third is a Walmart Maxx. I have had good luck with Walmart batteries. They last 5-7 years.

The only problem with the local Walmart is their battery rack is always stripped bare. I have a feeling that, like engine oil, local repair shops get their batteries from Walmart.

Bought a 24F 650 CCA Motomaster at Canadian Tire. It was 12.66 V and tested at 820 CCA. It had a sticker that indicated it was recharged 08 22 but it was purchased July 27, 2022. WT. After I got it home I noticed a sticker that said 02 2022. Oh well, I can’t be bothered to worry about it. I’m topping it with a smart charger.

View attachment 109930View attachment 109931View attachment 109932View attachment 109933View attachment 109934View attachment 109935
After putting it in a smart charger overnight I got 12.9 V with a 768 CCA.

CFFA3425-A741-4BE0-B3BF-2BF404C00B58.jpeg
A47F9DFE-DE1D-4049-814E-5E818BF8A81D.jpeg
CCA.

Put a cheap Interstate "Econopower" in my 1984 Cavalier and it worked well enough to move the car about 4 feet using the starter (it ran out of gas during a test drive (gas gauge was a little screwy) and was hanging just a little too far over the white line). It was then driven about 1/2 mile and then parked for almost a month and a half, and it still started the car.

73C032FF-C943-4FE2-A0CB-882D0B145ED0.jpeg

Got this Interstate battery on Christmas Eve from the Interstate Battery place because it was 13 degrees and the car struggled to start done exactly what a bad battery would do then it ended up not being bad I guess it was just the cold. We still have the battery just will wait till the original 2017 battery dies completely.

Put a new Duralast Gold in the Canyon in August 2019 right before a trip to Galveston. That battery failed this week. The pro-rated warranty took $58 off the replacement cost. Beginning to wonder if 5 years from a battery is now asking too much.

12/28/2022
Vehicle: recently inherited 2013 Ram 1500 Crew cab Laramie 5.7 Hemi with 84,512 miles
Out: (dead) Clarios battery with very little labeling and no date sticker
In: Duracell branded H7/94R battery, $109 ($20 off at Sam’s Club)

From last summer. Outgoing...Optima red top...third one in a row to start leaking. Came with this from the factory and the battery tray is cut out (shaped around the spiral cells) so only this fits. I bought a new battery tray to fit a conventional battery. What was interesting is though the red tops leak, even two or three years out, they all load tested fine, at anywhere from 900 to over 1000 CCA, though they are rated at 800CCA.

Replaced with a Interstate H6 Group 48 AGM from Costco. I think it was around $170.

Attachments

• optima.jpg
    optima.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 12
  • interstate.jpg
    interstate.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 13
After getting tired of babying the Super Start Extreme Deka AGM battery in the Silverado with my tester showing a State of Health (SOH) of 50%, I decided to jump on a replacement.
Bought an AutoZone Platinum Stryten Energy EFB battery. Very less known brand. Looking around shows Stryten Energy is a US based company with batteries manufactured in the US.🇺🇸

After being on a battery tender overnight tester shows 729CCA @ 13.14v. The Solar BA9 tester tests differently than my old BA7 tester which overinflates CCA tests. The BA9 also has a EFB test mode so no guessing between SLI and AGM.
IMG_0120.JPG

IMG_0124.JPG

Last edited:
new to me 2005 GMC Yukon Denali got a new Interstate 78...from Costco and was about $40 bucks less than the usual suspects for a group 78 battery with the same long warranty as the others...

Bill

After getting tired of babying the Super Start Extreme Deka AGM battery in the Silverado with my tester showing a State of Health (SOH) of 50%, I decided to jump on a replacement.
Bought an AutoZone Platinum Stryten Energy EFB battery. Very less known brand. Looking around shows Stryten Energy is a US based company with batteries manufactured in the US.🇺🇸

After being on a battery tender overnight tester shows 729CCA @ 13.14v. The Solar BA9 tester tests differently than my old BA7 tester which overinflates CCA tests. The BA9 also has a EFB test mode so no guessing between SLI and AGM.
View attachment 164977

View attachment 164978
That's an Exide Battery, , Stryten is the company that was formed by the holding company that bought most of Exide's North American assets when they filed bankruptcy.

Reactions: Y_K
Dealer replaced the AGM battery in my wifes 2020 Honda Pilot under warranty a few weeks ago. OEM AGM battery died 2 weeks shy of the 3 year/36K mile warranty expiring. AAA tested it at 0 CA and 10.2 volts when they jump started us to get it to the dealer.

After having to be jump-started several times over the last couple of months, I finally replaced the Interstate battery of unknown age with an Everstart Value Group 26 battery. Vehicle is a 2014 Dodge Journey w/2.4L four cylinder. Cost was $70

......Bought an AutoZone Platinum Stryten Energy EFB battery. Very less known brand. Looking around shows Stryten Energy is a US based company with batteries manufactured in the US.....
What was the price difference between the EFB and AGM? The last time I checked it was only $10, for a group 35 battery.

What was the price difference between the EFB and AGM? The last time I checked it was only $10, for a group 35 battery.

No one has common AGM's in stock aside from the boutique AGM's at audio and off-road shops. Not paying $300+ these shops are asking for.

Replaced the five year old FOMOCO battery in my '18 Edge this morning. Went to Evilmart and they didn't have a T5 in stock. Had to schlep my core back out of the store to my car. Trundled on down to the local AZ. Had no choice so bought one of their Duralast batteries for lots more than the Everstart. Whichever Ford engineer that designed that battery placement probably never had to replace one.

If you handle a bunch of batteries when you are young, when you are old your back will tell you the exact number.

1689637714569.png

Replaced the five year old FOMOCO battery in my '18 Edge this morning. Went to Evilmart and they didn't have a T5 in stock. Had to schlep my core back out of the store to my car. Trundled on down to the local AZ. Had no choice so bought one of their Duralast batteries for lots more than the Everstart. Whichever Ford engineer that designed that battery placement probably never had to replace one.

If you handle a bunch of batteries when you are young, when you are old your back will tell you the exact number.

View attachment 167616
Were you specifically wanting a 3 year warranty battery if not you probably could have gotten a 96R Everstart Plus. 96R and T5 are basically the same exact size.

Back