Post your latest oil purchase or even filter.

Purchased 6 quarts of Castrol Edge High Mileage 5W20 full synthetic for the Escape. That and Royal Purple and Quaker State were the only things of 5W-20 that they had 6 quarts of everything else was sold out. I love Royal Purple but can’t pay their price for the oil. I’m a little nervous about using full synthetic in something like the Escape which has only had synthetic one other time.
11752CE4-27DF-47B9-B1A7-3901CA984618.jpeg

Got 6 PurolatorTECH TL14610 Oil Filters for $2.40 each from Amazon, 2 arrived today, 4 more still on the way.

Purchased 6 quarts of Castrol Edge High Mileage 5W20 full synthetic for the Escape. That and Royal Purple and Quaker State were the only things of 5W-20 that they had 6 quarts of everything else was sold out. I love Royal Purple but can’t pay their price for the oil. I’m a little nervous about using full synthetic in something like the Escape which has only had synthetic one other time.View attachment 135556

Synthetic is fine. So you know there is no more conventional either since just about all are “synthetic blend”

C2FC8BB5-C23E-4D0E-A64A-AB859D34BF5F.jpeg

Motorcraft FL820S oil filter for my Escape. All the stores always sell out and it’s only $4 from my work so I just got it there luckily we had some. Going to buy an oil filter later for moms car. Didn’t get one at work because it was inventory day yesterday for parts so they told employees to hold off on any personal parts they needed. Also purchasing a metal oil filter housing as I busted her plastic one last time, it didn’t crack just one of the ears busted off so I’m going to replace it this time. We don’t stock the metal ones at work so just going to get it from Auto Zone or Advance.

View attachment 136530
Motorcraft FL820S oil filter for my Escape. All the stores always sell out and it’s only $4 from my work so I just got it there luckily we had some. Going to buy an oil filter later for moms car. Didn’t get one at work because it was inventory day yesterday for parts so they told employees to hold off on any personal parts they needed. Also purchasing a metal oil filter housing as I busted her plastic one last time, it didn’t crack just one of the ears busted off so I’m going to replace it this time. We don’t stock the metal ones at work so just going to get it from Auto Zone or Advance.

I have a MC FL-820S that “Schwinney” sent me even after I told him to STOP sending me garbage.

I’ll ship it out soon Blake

507F5259-470F-4060-A8E3-34F75DCE04E0.jpeg

Here is the filter we bought for moms car. I hear good things about these on here so we decided to try one over the usual Toyota filter. Got the usual Mobil 1 oil for it as well. We do 5,000 mile intervals. Just what we are comfortable with. We didn’t get a new plug gasket we will replace that next time they were $7 for a two pack at the parts store. We need to do a rotation as well but I didn’t bring home my impact and I really don’t want to take lug nuts off by hand especially since a couple are swollen lol.

Back