Post your latest oil purchase or even filter.

Bought this Nissan OEM filter just to check it out. Thoughts on the louvers?

image0.jpeg

IMG_9328.JPG
IMG_9327.JPG
IMG_9326.JPG

6 pack Mobil One quarts 5w30 @ Costco $31.99. Beats the five quart jug and the extra $8.99 quart for our 6 quart sumps.

Just got a 5-quart bottle of QSFS 5w30 from Walmart. Total purchase needed to be a little more to qualify for free shipping.

Louvers being "open enough" is pretty subjective. The louvers on the Nissan filter above (post 1683) look "Ok", but some (just a few from the photos) look pretty closed up. Personally, if they give me a "cringe" feeling, I'm not going to run it.

It's entirely possible and easy to get a good visual read on louvers by looking down the center tube if you know what to look for.

Two 5-quart containers of Mobil 1 ESP Euro 0W-30; Purolator Boss PBL 14610 and PBL 14477 filters (Advance Auto Parts).

3x 5qt jugs, 1x qt of vanilla” Mobil 1 5w-30 (16 qts total) from Walmart. It seems most efficient for both storage and price to purchase 2 oci’s at a time. I generally use QSFS in my truck, but it has been harder and to come by in my area. Generally don’t have an issue finding Mobil 1.

A friend had to replace his 2011 Camry that was totaled in a recent accident. I'm taking him to pick up his replacement car on the 18th. I bought him his first oil change ... M1 EP 5W-30 and will be adding one of my Royal Purple cartridge filters. That should get him started well.

Last edited:
Back