Post your latest oil purchase or even filter.

Fram Ultra Air filter for my 2019 Impeza. Also got me some Bruichladdic Black Art 9, 2 bottles of Octomore 12.1, 1 bottle of 12.2 and 1 bottle of 12.3 and last but not least Port Charlotte 10yr. Do those count?

I got 3 Fram Defense DL3593A filters today from Mills Fleet Farm for only $1.59 each, $5.03 total after tax. It looked like all similar filters were on sale for a similar price.

Found 4qts of SN+ Amsoil SS 5w-30 on clearance at AAP at $4.00 per qt. Not an earth shattering deal by any means, but cheap enough to try it once.
IMG_1389.jpg

Edit: Also bought 2 ST9688's for the Wife's Elantra from Wally World.

Castrol Edge 5W20 HM and a Fram cartridge filter because they were out of Mopar for a 2016 Pentastar.

I'll change the oil when it gets back from the transmission shop. 😁

Just bought some Royal Purple 0w20 High Performance Motor oil for my 2010 Ford Taurus SHO with the 3.5 Ecoboost twin turbo engine. First time using RP. Also got some K&N synthetic filter just to try it out.

Engine seems to like RP, but there is much less cold start engine noise on startup with Amsoil SS.

I normally use Amsoil SS 0w20, and Motorcraft filter, but I just bought some RP to see how it is. Will run it for about 4k-5k miles and probably go back to Amsoil SS.

BTW, I have been using 0w20 and 5w20 in my 3.5 Ecoboost for 12 years/100k miles, and so far, the engine is running as good as new, better than new. My 2010 3.5 Ecoboost is recommended to use 5w20, and 20 weight is serving me well.

I have done 2 oil analysis' so far during my 12 years of ownership, and my engine is doing way better than the universal average for the 3.5 Ecoboost. 0w20 works great in 3.5 Ecoboosts, and my engine has no timing chain stretch, and zero cam phasers rattle on cold start, which are almost unheard of on a 3.5 Ecoboost with 100k+ miles.

I just ordered 1 case of Amsoil SS 0W20 for my 2021 Subaru Forester. Also purchased 4 Tokyo Roki oil filters for the same vehicle. I plan to do an oil analysis with Blackstone Labs when I change the oil in the next few days.

I just ordered 1 case of Amsoil SS 0W20 for my 2021 Subaru Forester. Also purchased 4 Tokyo Roki oil filters for the same vehicle. I plan to do an oil analysis with Blackstone Labs when I change the oil in the next few days.
Well good keep us informed as to your results. An interesting sub note would be the oil you had to add on that Subaru Forester. If they could ever really fix that problem, I'd like to buy one before our only choice is an EV.

Back