Post your latest oil purchase or even filter.

I just bought a 5qt jug of Valvoline MaxLife 150K 5W20 from Amazon for $28.99. It's going to be the next oil that goes into my '03 Civic EX. Probably not til October, but in the meantime, I'm going to send in a sample to Blackstone for a VOA. :)

5 jugs of Quaker State Full Synthetic 5W-30 Motor Oil, 5 Quart which was on sale for $17.
5w-30QS.jpg

Managed to grab an extra case of some Kirkland FS 0W-20 just before the price hike for the 5qt-2pk, as well as three FRAM TG7317s. I should be set for the next 18 months or so.

Yesterday I ordered more Swepco 306 Supreme Formula 15w40

Today I got a 5 quart jug of STP 10w30 from AutoZone

I picked up a jug of Supertech Advanced 0w20 on sale for only $20. I think it is a solid oil for a great price. I'm waiting on a UOA from my wife's Jeep. I think it was a 4k or 4.5k run.

1646095843956.jpg

TL;DR: I got some Supertech 15w-40 and a Fram PH7317.

Well, I had to break down and pay full price for oil for the first time in years. :(

I had a leaking clutch slave cylinder on my Goldwing.
There is a possibility that some of the brake fluid was able to enter the engine, so I am changing the oil and filter early just to be safe.

I was planning on buying some Mobil 1 10w-40 HM when the next rebate period started (was not going to need the oil for 2-3 months).
With me having to change earlier than I planned, I now find myself with no oil in my stash to use in my bike (well, I have some Rotella T6 0w-40, but have read that is not ideal for a wet clutch bike like the 5w-40 is, so not gonna use it).

I decided to just go cheap and get some Supertech 15w-40 and a Fram PH7317.

IMG_8256.jpg

I also checked the Fram to see if it had the orange ADV (I know the black is supposed to be silicone, but I like orange ;) ), so dug through the Walmart stock and found one (3 actually, just grabbed 1 though) with an orange one (date code shows Nov 22, 2021).

IMG_8257.jpg
IMG_8258.jpg

I had debated using a ST6607, but for not even $1 more, I got a slightly larger filter with a silicone ADV.

Not that oil or filter choice will really matter, I only plan on a 2,000 mile interval.
I do oil changes at x5,000 miles, and I am at 92,930 miles now.

Last edited:
Got this the next day with free shipping, great packaging, some bonus points and for the great deal I used PayPal credit which took off another $20.
They wrapped each in a huge bubble pouch. Oh their website charges no sales tax unless you are in their state...wow 😁

View attachment 91031
Better price than Kendall or P66 ?

Honda J30A1
Valvoline Maxlife 10W-30 5 qt Jug $17.47
Fram PH7317 OCOD $3.88
Not the greatest deal but it was there when I was picking up the Blue Coolant and Dot 3 Brake Fluid.

1 x 2.5 gal Fram conventional HDEO CK-4/SN 15w-40
1 x 1 gal Fram conventional HDEO CK-4/SN 15w-40
2 x 1 gal Valvoline Premium Blue HDEO CK-4/SP 15w-40.

Got a good deal on all of this.

Last edited:
I decided to just go cheap and get some Supertech 15w-40 and a Fram PH7317.
I also checked the Fram to see if it had the orange ADV (I know the black is supposed to be silicone, but I like orange ...
FYI ... from the freezer and flame tests, I'd say the black ADBV on the Fram filters is nitrile.

Back