Post your latest oil change

2002 Maxima
Synpower 5w-30
Pureone 14610
Started it up and after initial noise it idled really quiet.

2004 Camry 2AZ-FE
Pennzoil Platinum 5w-20
Fram Extended Guard 3600

07 Tundra, Sept 09, SSO 0w30

07 4runner, May 09, ASL 5w30

99 Epic 4.0L, May 09, ASL 5w30

08 Corolla, May 09, SSO 0w30

08 GMC Savanna, May 09, ASL 5w30-EAO

08 Honda 3800 gen, May 09, ASE 30W

09 Craftsman 1800 mower, June 09, ASE 0w30

1989 Toyota P/U, 22RE
Havoline 10w-40 SL
Purolator PureOne PL30001 (oversize)

1974 VW Bug
Havoline 10w-40 SL
Purolator PureOne PL30001 (full flow upgrade)

1971 VW Bus
Engine is apart (spun #1 main bearing)

1999 Toyota Tacoma V6 (my brothers ride)
Pennz YB 5w-30
Purolator PureOne (oversize)

Last edited:
How you like that SSO in the corolla? Ive been thinking about doing that. I put a lot of miles on my car, a lot of hwy.

Originally Posted By: toyotaguy
How you like that SSO in the corolla? Ive been thinking about doing that. I put a lot of miles on my car, a lot of hwy.

The motor's a little noisier on it than it was on the ASL. But otherwise, it's okay. No change in mileage either.

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8L
2,075 miles on Factory fill so I thought I would swap it out.

4 quarts Castrol GTX 5w30
Standard Purolater Oil Filter

95 Subaru 1.8L H-4:
GT-1 Synth blend 5w30

97 VW 2.0L I-4:
Eco Power Synth blend, 5w30, 3.5 Quarts, plus half a dose of Mr. Moly MoS2 and half a liter of Pennzoil 15w40.

Originally Posted By: 3putter
Wow, this thread has legs.
2009 Chevy Malibu 2.4 liter Ecotech
5w30 Kendall GT-1 with a Firestone House brand filter.

It looks my like the Firestone over here just depleted their Kendall 5w30 Synth Blend, and has now switched to Safetly Kleen Synth blend.

Just recently I had one car (a soobie) done end October and it got GT-1 (luckily!), but I took the VW to Firestone today and was sad to see it got Eco Power recycled oil from Safety Kleen; yuck. I'm a little worried it'll have sub minimal additives in it, esp ZDDP; I threw in some molyslip for now, just because I was so ticked off.

Here's the link, but it has nothing useful but a little safetly kleen PR bits. http://www.ecopoweroil.com

frown.gif

home_bg.jpg

2006 Toyota Camry LE
Mobil1 5W-30
44,600 miles on engine

2006 Kymco Bet & Win 150 motor scooter
Mobil1 Racing 4T 10W-40 motorcycle oil
2,600km on engine
Mobil1 75W-90 synthetic gear oil in final drive

Originally Posted By: ueberooo
It looks my like the Firestone over here just depleted their Kendall 5w30 Synth Blend, and has now switched to Safetly Kleen Synth blend.

Just recently I had one car (a soobie) done end October and it got GT-1 (luckily!), but I took the VW to Firestone today and was sad to see it got Eco Power recycled oil from Safety Kleen; yuck. I'm a little worried it'll have sub minimal additives in it, esp ZDDP; I threw in some molyslip for now, just because I was so ticked off.

Why not get a VOA done?

If the oil passed API SM and GF-4, is it even possible for it to have a sub-minimal additive level?

So long as the quality of the Eco Power stuff is satisfactory and consistent, I'd be interested in it; no sense constantly extracting new oil simply to use it once and throw it away. If it can be effectively cleaned and re-refined (considering they refine nasty crude into effective oils, re-refining once-refined oil seems quite easy), that seems like a brilliant idea to me.

It would probably do a lot more to help the environment than a whole ton of Priuses.

Originally Posted By: heypete

If the oil passed API SM and GF-4, is it even possible for it to have a sub-minimal additive level?

Ugh, sub-minimal by my definition... I had just really liked the Kendall stuff as it worked great for me over the past few years, and just now looked at some of the UOA's of Supertech and other safety kleen recycled oil using the forum search. They ranged all over the place but one UOA was not even 500ppm zinc; and the highest was like in the zinc 700ppm range? I dunno, some of these OA posts just didn't look that great for additives elements. They may have improved their additives over time; but I just don't know. Yes it would be interesting for a VOA; I plan to do a UOA in the fall of 2010 to test a new moly supplement.

Re the conservation: If a well over a hundred gallons of fuel is burned for every gallon of motor oil used, will this really make that much of difference you think? Seems like using virgin oil but cutting down on driving or getting a car with 30% better mpg's would still go further for conserving resources. But I guess I don't object to recycled oil if the additives are top notch.

Originally Posted By: heypete

So long as the quality of the Eco Power stuff is satisfactory and consistent, I'd be interested in it; no sense constantly extracting new oil simply to use it once and throw it away. If it can be effectively cleaned and re-refined (considering they refine nasty crude into effective oils, re-refining once-refined oil seems quite easy), that seems like a brilliant idea to me.

It would probably do a lot more to help the environment than a whole ton of Priuses.

I just did a "Gold Standard" oil change for my moms 2002 Ford Explorer with the 4.0 V6. 5 quarts of Castrol Edge with a PureOne oil filter. I took advantage of Advance Auto Parts' $25 Castrol synthetic oil special.

Uncles:
2005 Mustang 4.0 70k
5 qts Mobil 1 5w30
Motorcraft FL-820S
2.75 quarts Mobil 1 ATF in the gearbox. It shifts buttery smooth now.

Grandpa's:
1993 Toyota 4x2 P/U 22-RE
4.25 qts. Pennzoil YB 5w30
Motorcraft FL-910

More to come tomorrow.

For the winter run. No garage access due to car storage.

1994 Prelude Si
~175k miles
Mobil1 0W-30 (4.2Q)
Mobil1 M1-104 filter

2001 Mazda 626-V6
84,000 miles
4.5 quarts green bottle QS 10w30
Nippon Oil Filter

Had the valve cover gaskets replaced this past week. The valves were nice, clean, and sludge free, i'm happy to report.

Back