Post all GC (German Castrol) Topics Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the pictures:

-

-

-

Castrol even prints on the back of the Syntec bottles that there may be changes in color & odor from time to time.

The color change from '04 to '05 is interesting. Hopefully, some UOA's of the '05 batch will be in soon & put our concerns to rest.

This is indeed intriguing. Seems I recall that someone (prob Quatro Pete from Poland) said that SLX Longtec (the new Mercedes 229.5 stuff) is still green. If it is not, maybe this is the Longtec formula...much as I love the Green, this could be an advance for us as I expect this is a superior formula...why couldn't it be an improved formula AND be green?
dunno.gif

My emotions will be running lean
If I must go through life without The Green.
I know the Elves will start to frown,
If Castrol tells them to make it brown.

PS Pronounce the words, "Green, " and "Brown." When you say "Green," your face naturally forms a smile, but when you say "brown," it forms a semi-sad-face. See what you can learn on BITOG?

[ March 05, 2005, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: pscholte ]

Only have guesses: (1) as a consequence of constituents in the additive package; or (2) a dye of some sort (believe that was what gave Kendall GT-1 the green sheen). Now as to why you would die it green, besides making it distinctive...
dunno.gif

quote:

Originally posted by BlueOvalFitter:

quote:

Originally posted by wavinwayne:
All joking aside; Why was GC green to begin with?

The elves drink so much Jagermeister(sp)that when they have to "go" they just bottle it; volia,GC!
lol.gif

um-m-m-m, BOF...I don't think so

you were close on your spelling, it's either Jaegermeister or Jägermeister (the a with the umlaut replaces the ae)...more than you wanted to know, huh? sorry

Well, I'm stocking up on the 04 batch while it's still available. That is what Terry is testing for us and we will know what it is. The 05 batch is probably the American made stuff, as Castrol has said there is no difference between the two. They probably didn't change the label because they don't want any more phone calls on the matter.

Other than the color change, while pouring it out, two separate times and separate bottles, it is noticeably thinner, or how you say in German, runnier.

quote:

Originally posted by glxpassat:
The 05 batch is probably the American made stuff, as Castrol has said there is no difference between the two. They probably didn't change the label because they don't want any more phone calls on the matter.

I don't think that is the case...I just don't think they would out and out lie about it. I believe they felt totally justified with their claims about what consitutes a synthetic and so there was no misrepresentation or lying about their product. This would consitute a coporate stance that says, "We are justified in lying if it will protect our customer service/technical departments." I am not prepared to accept that the Castrol corporate culture callously condones that kind of deception.

[ March 05, 2005, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: pscholte ]

quote:

Other than the color change, while pouring it out, two separate times and separate bottles, it is noticeably thinner, or how you say in German, runnier

This tends to point to the American stuff as well. It was a thinner oil and did not carry the ratings of GC.

I think I may have figured this out. I propose that the green color comes from a dye, not from the base oil or additive package. SO, in order to remove a possible indicator that US 0W-30 and GC are different oils, Castrol has removed the dye from the German produced oil. Voilà! Vive l'aucune différence (long live the no difference).

OK guys, so whats the deal with GC? What makes it so specail? I really don't know what you guys are talking about. Are you talking aboput Syntec? Is there a different formula used in Germany compared to the US? How do you know? Has there been any VOA's on it? Do you consider it better than M1? What are the elves about? So many questions.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back