Portrait Of A Broken Automotive Industry

Sounds like victim mentality to me. It’s all big and greedy corporations fault, not mine.

Notice we’re talking about vehicles, not food. Food price hikes I agree with you are hitting poor people the hardest, but let not pretend here that the same people that are struggling to put food on their table are going out and buying new vehicles because they have no other choice.

There is always a choice, if one chooses the easiest way out, and buys more then they afford, it is still their fault.

Edit:
If my kids are starving and I cannot put food on my table, the last thing I’m going to do is go out and buy a $30-40k vehicle because I need it for my, most likely dead end job. If one has that kind of thinking, they should have their head examined. These types of people will always be poor doesn’t matter if the times are good or bad.
I helped one of my friends pick up food from grocery stores they donated to the local food bank twice a week for a bit more than a year. One week I went on Saturday to see the food being picked up and 99% of the people picking up food had nicer vehicles that mine smoked ,dressed nice, and had extensive tats. After that Saturday I stopped helping.

Either I need ADHD meds or he does - he seemed all over the place to me. I found it really hard to watch.

His point - I think? Is that cars are more expensive now (due to lack of inventory he fails to mention), but in the future cars will be commoditized so manufacturers won't be able to diffentiate.

How is this different than any consumer product in the history of mankind. Seemed like he just wanted to complain. I do empathize with some of his points, but no one is forcing anyone to buy a new car.

I helped one of my friends pick up food from grocery stores they donated to the local food bank twice a week for a bit more than a year. One week I went on Saturday to see the food being picked up and 99% of the people picking up food had nicer vehicles that mine smoked ,dressed nice, and had extensive tats. After that Saturday I stopped helping.
You had me at "extensive tats". What in the world?!

[Edit]

People no longer have a sense of responsibility, consequence, and their word doesn't mean anything. It's about them and their needs. I couldn't agree more with your choice.

Either I need ADHD meds or he does - he seemed all over the place to me. I found it really hard to watch.
You should see him in some of his older videos talking about motor oil and ever so subtly plugging Red Line Oil.

The bottom line is that this doesn't feel like a normal economic cycle that will normalize. Like everyone else, I wish things were better.

That I can agree on. I believe its a test on how the average person reacts to "scarcity" and it seems people are willing to go pretty crazy just to get what they want.
But I also believe in personal responsibility, and one cannot complain about high prices or corporate greed while fully participating in the game. There are of course necessities like food and gas, but necessities do not drive up prices for everything else. Consumer spending does.

New vehicle prices are driving a lot of the middle class away from buying new. Now days it's almost a strictly upper middle, to upper class market, with everyone else having to go in debt beyond their means, or having to forgo new vehicle purchases altogether...
Oh I don't know about that. I vividly remember 6 - 7yr loan terms going back to 2008.

If you read the manifesto that is the plan, cars will be for the politburo, cronies, hangers on and oligarchs. Don't think for one second this EV crap is about the environment it is all about unhorsing the unwashed masses.
I don't think you really believe that. For example nobody forced VW/Porsche to game the emissions system on thousands of diesels.

That was the nail in the ICE coffin.

And I don't know what fancy dealerships Savagegeese is talking about, because in most dealerships around here you get a seat and a pen to fill out your application, or the sales guy will do it for you. Best I had so far was coffee and popcorn at a Dodge dealer, and that's because I was there for a while as they were busy. Only bad mismanaged dealerships will overspend on luxuries they can't afford to impress broke consumers. Most know where to spend their money correctly.

Most of that fancy fuzz was at McGrath Lexus in Westmont. I've been there, it's like that. It's also probably the most popular and well known Lexus dealers in IL and all that fancy fuzz is also what brings in repeat clients. They're located next to a very wealthy town and business center with lots of corporate HQs as well.

I've noticed a lot of new buildings for dealerships too. Maybe they're following the crowd of people that are starting to move into/west of my area but all the manufacture-backed dealerships around me all have brand new buildings or are currently building new spots. New Mazda, Subaru, several Ford and several GM dealerships. Only one that hasn't is the Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealership.

Most of that fancy fuzz was at McGrath Lexus in Westmont. I've been there, it's like that. It's also probably the most popular and well known Lexus dealers in IL and all that fancy fuzz is also what brings in repeat clients. They're located next to a very wealthy town and business center with lots of corporate HQs as well.
Yeah, but he conveniently left that out of his nonsensical video rant. Or maybe it was his ADHD. Who knows? That video sounds like a desperate incoherent ramble.

Remind me - which manufacturers ran to Mexico to avoid paying Union wages?
Not GM, not FCA, and definitively not Ford.

Not GM, not FCA, and definitively not Ford.

Today, Mexico is the sixth largest car manufacturing country in the world. Established automakers with car factories in Mexico include Audi, BMW, Fiat Chrysler, Ford, General Motors, Honda, Kia, Mazda, Nissan, Toyota, and Volkswagen.

If you read the manifesto that is the plan, cars will be for the politburo, cronies, hangers on and oligarchs. Don't think for one second this EV crap is about the environment it is all about unhorsing the unwashed masses.
You complete me. 😁

Many, many buyers today seem to be more excited about the technology included in their ride and less concerned with performance, drivablility and the experience on the road cornering and such. If that continues, then more and more technology will be in future rides. It is the nature of the manufacturing business - sell what the buyer wants even if something better could be built.

EV buyers seem most interested in 0-60 time forget the car itself is a genuine poorly built sh.. box and those that buy ICE cars the more toys and cup holders the better but god forbid if it has a cigar lighter or an ash tray. LOL

Reactions: JC1
Back