Police beat up an Indian man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek

the problem is with the stupid overzealous people who called caps on this poor guy.
the same thing happened to my wife once. she was doing her usual everyday morning walks around the neighborhood when some idiot called cops and reported "suspicious behavior" on her. We lived there for over 10 years when that happened.

I don't disagree, however there must be something more with your wife on her walk, or as it sometimes is your neighbors have a personal dislike for her?

People can just be plain insane at times too. (Not your wife.. the neighbors of course.
smile.gif
)

Your sarcasm is lame.
Actually I am quite curious why you both didn't consider the possibility that the neighbor could be a sore looser, a complete jerk, or a psycho who has nothing else left to do in his sorry small life.

Originally Posted By: youdontwannaknow
]

Your sarcasm is lame.
Actually I am quite curious why you both didn't consider the possibility that the neighbor could be a sore looser, a complete jerk, or a psycho who has nothing else left to do in his sorry small life.

It wasn't sarcasm. Most folks here probably understood I was inferring that the neighbor was a dolt.
whistle.gif

Last edited:
This seems to be happening more and more all over the country except New England so we can assume snow is the answer. It is hard to knock a man down in 3 feet of snow. Drop that shovel nay that won't work.

The thing that sticks out in my mind is the whole reason the police were there in the first place. They got a phone call from a concerned citizen in the neighborhood about a suspicious person. Now, the people that live in that neighborhood know it better than anybody, so when the police get a call about a strange looking man wandering the street, you can bet theyre going to be on alert. Maybe they saw something in the mans face or his body language that prompted him to act in such a way, the video I saw does not show the man in detail so I don't know. Hard to judge either way without seeing better footage, but from what I saw it seems as if they were acting in the best interest of the neighborhood and their safety, not something I could fault them for based on that one video.

Originally Posted By: jrmason
but from what I saw it seems as if they were acting in the best interest of the neighborhood and their safety, not something I could fault them for based on that one video.

OK, so hey cuffed him with his hands behind his back. Why did they have to slam him to the ground after that?

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

OK, so hey cuffed him with his hands behind his back. Why did they have to slam him to the ground after that?

More than likely he was doing something that
might have been perceived resisting arrest. Even with cuffs some
subjects in a bit of a panic will struggle. You can't do that.

Last edited:
Watching the video with a friend of mine who is a cop-

"Who hired this DA to work on a police force?"

Nuff' said......

Originally Posted By: rshaw125
How does assault become beat up?

Maybe because the dude may be CRIPPLED FOR LIFE? He is partially paralyzed, has to have spinal fusion, and may never walk again.

The cop has already been fired.

We have too many third world immigrants who have no ties to western civilization here today and
they generally have NO interest in adapting to the
culture and society in the USA. I politely ask them
to go home.

now that was very civilized..er..ahem.."western" civilized I suppose ? Please tell me you are not a cop in real life!!

In this situation the officer was engaging Patel and it was pretty clear even to a non-english speaker that he was being asked to
do something. He ignored the officers order. Ignorance and
a lack of English language proficiency is not an excuse.

you do realize that the fact is that the cop has not only been fired already but he has been ARRESTED! The police chief specifically apologized in a public news conference. Does that tell you something ? Sometimes its best to just shut up and accept you are wrong.

Some people just have a knee-jerk reaction...they defend cops no matter HOW bad their behavior. I truly wonder just what a cop would have to do to get these apologists to NOT defend them.

Originally Posted By: linkbelt
It is possible that guy had a hearing problem?
Looks like, if you don't respond to a cops orders without delay, it's sorry bud, down you go.

Yes: if you fail to jump, you might get pounded to a pulp! Contempt of cop is a very serious matter! The dude is lucky he's alive.

Say what you want, those loans are a documented fact.

Very well then it should be easy to prove. Where can I find these alleged documents ?

Every Indian that applies for a SBA loan will receive it.

Also it is true that many of the businesses are
money laundering operations funded by organized crime groups, so in a sense the syndicate funds them and brings them in to become citizens.

Serious question: are you drunk?!

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: jrmason
but from what I saw it seems as if they were acting in the best interest of the neighborhood and their safety, not something I could fault them for based on that one video.

Simple: the sheer JOY of thuggery!

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Watching the video with a friend of mine who is a cop-

"Who hired this DA to work on a police force?"

Nuff' said......
DA means District Attorney? The person who brings charges against the cop?

I think DA was intended to mean a "[censored]", which is a form of slang....

Last edited by a moderator:
There are enough evidences for the Chief of Police to fire this Officer, also arrested and indicted him for third degree assault and the bail was set at $1,000.

Chief of Police also said the victim didn't violate any law and apologized to him.

So far it is very clear that the Police Officer was wrong in rough treatment of an innocent older man who didn't speak English visits his family.

From a police point of view if he/she has to deal with a big young male that person may pose a more serious threat to them, but with a thin older male then the threat that person can pose is very much minimum, if the threat is minimum why use excessive force especially after that person already handcuff with his hands behind his back ?

Originally Posted By: Astro14

I doubt that very much, since profanity gets censored. If you are right, I'm sure Mystic will be right along, though.

hotwheels

Originally Posted By: hotwheels

I doubt that very much, since profanity gets censored. If you are right, I'm sure Mystic will be right along, though.

hotwheels

Well...it was Daves87RS who was quoting his friend's assessment of the video. So, this word was a quote from that friend.

I share the friend's assessment...and might have used the same word when I first saw it...so, I'll wait for Dave to chime in...just to clarify what his friend meant, but I think I'm on target this time...

Originally Posted By: hotwheels

hotwheels

Well...it was Daves87RS who was quoting his friend's assessment of the video. So, this word was a quote from that friend.

I share the friend's assessment...and might have used the same word when I first saw it...so, I'll wait for Dave to chime in...just to clarify what his friend meant, but I think I'm on target this time...

I was just being a sarcastic DA.

hotwheels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back