Pocket 380 wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another vote for LCP. Just hang-on tight when squeezing the trigger, if using the standard 90-100gr ammo. There's not much there to hold-on to. I purchased the Talon grips for mine, which is essentially a tape wrap - also the little longer 7-round magazine. Much better hold adding both of these to the LCP.

You will find it feeds almost anything (non-steel) and very dependable the past 4-5 years of improvements to it. I feed it 56gr Ruger ARX Poly ammo and I can shoot that little pistol straight using one hand now..... no more limpwristing it.

Last edited:
Was just out shopping the other day and 380's in my area in Calif. seem to be harder to find (out or don't have it) than I would have thought. Like 22 ammo not full on the shelves compared to other cartridges.

Quote:
Just hang-on tight when squeezing the trigger, if using the standard 90-100gr ammo.

Very accurate statement. The recoil didn't bother me so much as far as hurting or jarring, but I felt like the gun was going to jump out of my hand. I bought the Hogue Grip
for mine and it helped a lot.

Son was down yesterday. He shots very little although he is a good shot. He shot this group after about 30 rounds through the LCP. He never shot a light .380 before....3" circle 10 out of 12 in circle @ 25 ft.

1_IMG_3573.JPG

Last edited:
Nice to have a son that you can share gun range time with. I brought up all girls and they are all-girly.
lol.gif

None of them have ever-even-asked to hold one of my guns. I think I make them nervous when they see me carrying one now. They absolutely hate guns.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
None of them have ever-even-asked to hold one of my guns. I think I make them nervous when they see me carrying one now. They absolutely hate guns.

I have 3 daughters and a wife....all were "afraid" of guns. Over time I introduced the wife to firearms. She has finished her NRA training and is getting her CHL next week. Two of my 3 daughters now want to go to the range. This has NOTHING to do with gender other than your personal bias.

Kids today are brainwashed to hate firearms by liberal progressives. So they have been taught by people like Eric Holder (see youtube video) to be afraid of guns. This is not only wrong but unsafe if they live in a home where there are firearms. All children should have enough firearms training to safely handle and unload one without shooting themselves if they come across one sometime in their life or even decide to take up interest in firearms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYyqBxD-3xw

Last edited:
My kids were nearly adults before I bought my first rifle - after being introduced to deer hunting and borrowing a friend's rifle the year prior. My age back then was 40 years-old. Could be why they never grew accustomed to seeing them around the house.

In the 25 years since, Ive purchased many rifles, a shotgun and four handguns.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
My kids were nearly adults before I bought my first rifle - after being introduced to deer hunting and borrowing a friend's rifle the year prior. My age back then was 40 years-old. Could be why they never grew accustomed to seeing them around the house.

In the 25 years since, Ive purchased many rifles, a shotgun and four handguns.

My wife's first time shooting was at age 51. My kids are all adults now too. Never too late to learn safe handling. I will at the very least teach all my family how to safely handle a firearm. That knowledge protects them when I am not around.

Last edited:
Past several years I've been regularly pocket carrying a Kahr Pm9 as my primary and a 1911 commander as my backup (off body carry). I would recommend the 9mm cartridge for superior ballistics to the .380. As an anesthesiologist, I will tell you I see more 9mm fatalities than I do from any other pistol caliber. My wife is a radiologist, and she concurs.

16j3ede.jpg

Originally Posted By: GenSan
As an anesthesiologist, I will tell you I see more 9mm fatalities than I do from any other pistol caliber. My wife is a radiologist, and she concurs.

How many dead bodies are you inspecting on the street, in houses, and in cars? You are only seeing the people that MAKE IT to the hospital.

Good question.

I have friends who are medical examiners (Coroners) in the following cities: Milwaukee, Chicago, Twin Cities, Camden, and Philadelphia.

I shoot the LCP, KelTec 380 P3AT and Colt Mustang Pocket lite. All of them work best with +P ammo. Especially the Ruger LCP.

I've had a few failure to feed issues with the Ruger and Winchester White Box ammo. But, with +P, it's 100% reliable. Clearly, the recoil spring is calibrated for +P.

As you might expect, the Mustang Pocket lite is all metal, just slightly heavier and much smoother to shoot. But it's not any bigger!

photo-2.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Cujet
I shoot the LCP, KelTec 380 P3AT and Colt Mustang Pocket lite. All of them work best with +P ammo. Especially the Ruger LCP.

I've had a few failure to feed issues with the Ruger and Winchester White Box ammo. But, with +P, it's 100% reliable. Clearly, the recoil spring is calibrated for +P.

As you might expect, the Mustang Pocket lite is all metal, just slightly heavier and much smoother to shoot. But it's not any bigger!

photo-2.jpg

Interesting! My lcp manual states its not rated for +p.

I really like that Mustang, everything but the hammer spur and that thing with the button on it. Both of those would snag inside my pocket..... meaning I don't use a holster that often.

My LCP Manual mentions not using +p ammo. Continuous +P users should keep checking their LCP polymers for cracks.

Originally Posted By: spasm3

Interesting! My lcp manual states its not rated for +p.
mine too, which is fine, because I don't wanna pay Buffalo Bore's outrageous prices either

Originally Posted By: Cujet

That is a nice pistol for sure. I wouldn't carry a 1911 short barrel for SD. I am sure you know the reasons. But truly a beauty!!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Al
That is a nice pistol for sure. I wouldn't carry a 1911 short barrel for SD. I am sure you know the reasons. But truly a beauty!!!

A Pocketlite is not a 1911...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back