Pocket 380 wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had a mustang for a while now. I dont know which part is supposed to snag but for me it draws smoothly from the small front pocket off my jeans. Thou you have to carry it with the safety on because the trigger pull is very crisp and short. No FTF or FTE plus its extremely easy to disassemble and the mags are much more cheaper than the sig p238

2usy6g4.jpg

Originally Posted By: n6ss6
I have had a mustang for a while now. I dont know which part is supposed to snag but for me it draws smoothly from the small front pocket off my jeans. Thou you have to carry it with the safety on because the trigger pull is very crisp and short. No FTF or FTE plus its extremely easy to disassemble and the mags are much more cheaper than the sig p238

2usy6g4.jpg

Please show a pic of that Mustang pistol with slide closed.

Is that even the same years/model Mustang pictured a couple pages back in this thread?

If we can see the gun with slide closed, then I can decide what might snag and what parts won't. Is it possible you have a newer model, where a snag or two was addressed / eliminated?

That photo does not address the trigger sticking out and I don't see that button-thing that sticks out behind the upper grip.

If you take a pic with slide closed, could you please show the reverse-side of that Mustang too?

Last edited:
Well I dont know when they make it but I bought it a few months ago and no its not the same model as the previous mustang picture. The Pocketlite have a metal frame, trigger guard is rounded and I think it has a bushing. The XSP is polymer frame, have slight different contour, square trigger guard, ambi safety and no bushing

I dont know if the snag was addressed because I never had a Pocketlite but at least I haven't had any problems with mine. I dont know which part of the trigger sticks out maybe you are talking about the slide release.

2uxz5ky.jpg

oh2zow.jpg

PocketLites do not have a Bushing either. XSP's do have an Ambidextrous Safety.

PocketLite.jpg

PocketLite1.jpg

PocketLite2.jpg

I'm also a little confused by what is meant by the trigger sticking out as it doesn't and the "button-thing".

I know a number of people who carry mustangs in their pocket and none of them ever complain of snagging. You have to remember it is a single action so you are going to carry it in condition one and the hammer won't snag. If you mean the magazine release it really doesn't stick out that far, it isn't a problem.

Last edited:
Trigger and burr below it will catch in my pocket and that button-thing looks like a trigger pin in that last photo.

Thanks for those pics. Otherwise, that gun looks sweet.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Trigger and burr below it will catch in my pocket and that button-thing looks like a trigger pin in that last photo.

Thanks for those pics. Otherwise, that gun looks sweet.

When I pocket either of my .380's I never considered not using a pocket holster.

I have a DeSantis for my Sigma .380 and a no-name one for my LCP...$7.50. Definitely can get it into action quicker than with just pocketing it.

Last edited:
I'm late to the game but I bought the SIG P238 a few months back. I love everything about this handgun! It wasn't cheap but I feel you are paying for quality. I use the SIG pocket holster. It looks like a fat wallet on one side.

FullSizeRender_zpsmd1a7wkd.jpg

ss1131_500x500_1.jpg

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
Originally Posted By: Cujet
The Mustang Pocketlite is quite similar to a 1911. In miniature. But not identical.

It is not even that similar, I mean it looks a little like a tiny 1911 and it is a single action semi automatic pistol but beyond that... The manual of arms is similar but not exactly the same.

Let us start with the obvious - No grip safety and the safety does not lock the slide. Less obvious - the trigger pivots on a pin, thus pretty much all the fire control is not the same and I don't mean smaller, I mean different. Disconnector and ejector - different. No link on the barrel, lockup is controlled by a slot in the lower lug (more like a hi power).

Little reading if you wish.

Colt Mustang Pocketlite Reviewed for M1911.ORG by Hunter Lee Elliott

I actually struggle with how anyone that is even a little familar with the two pistols could conclude that a Mustang is a 1911.

Of course "obviously" I'm not familiar with the 1911...
crackmeup2.gif

I should have been more careful with my words. Clearly, the Pocketlite is not a 1911 mini. I own both and do know the differences. I think the idea was that those familiar with the 1911 will be instantly comfortable with the pocketlite.

However, the pocketlite looks a lot like a miniaturized 1911, and it handles, feels and points much like a smaller 1911. I believe there is an intentional strong family resemblance.

Absolutely there is. While my Sig P938 or the P238 above, and the Mustang are not 1911's, they are clearly a "1911 style" pistol. On purpose of course.

Originally Posted By: Cujet
...those familiar with the 1911 will be instantly comfortable with the pocketlite.

That I agree with.
wink.gif

A sock carry gone wrong......

"AUGUSTA, KAN.

A man attending a high school graduation ceremony with a small handgun stuffed into his sock shot himself and another person Sunday when he attempted to adjust his sock.

Augusta Police Chief Tyler Brewer said that the shooting at Augusta High School was accidental and described it as a “knucklehead situation,” The Associated Press reported."

Originally Posted By: totegoat
A sock carry gone wrong......

"AUGUSTA, KAN.

A man attending a high school graduation ceremony with a small handgun stuffed into his sock shot himself and another person Sunday when he attempted to adjust his sock.

Augusta Police Chief Tyler Brewer said that the shooting at Augusta High School was accidental and described it as a “knucklehead situation,” The Associated Press reported."

Link to story: http://www.butlercountytimesgazette.com/...ion#loadComment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back