Pocket 380 wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, ive got a j frame revolver for ccw however there are times that i need something with a slimmer profile for my pant pockets. I am looking at the glock 42 vs the kahr cw380. Any experience with any of these or any other pocket pistol? My budget is sub-$500. Thanks

my ruger lcp fits real nice in a pocket and very reliable well under your budget .

Taurus compact will even fit in the pocket of your skinniest jeans. Otherwise, spas12
smile.gif

I have a kel-tec 380 that I like. With the Ruger LCP being so good, so available and around $225 these days I don't see why you would pick anything else.

I have been reading about reliability issues and frequent jams with the lcp. Any thoughts?

Originally Posted By: FirstNissan
I have been reading about reliability issues and frequent jams with the lcp. Any thoughts?

My experience with them has been good at least.. As with any little semi-auto if you limp wrist it, its going to jam. I never owned a Ruger myself, but have shot several and know people who are happy with them. I've got 2 kel-tec .380's. One has never jammed and one would. Sent the problem one back to kel-tec and haven't had a problem with it since.

I would recommend the Ruger LCP. The LCP can be had today for under $250.

I own one and it has been a really good little pocket pistol.

I'd push for a sub compact 9mm like the Shield, honestly, but something is better than nothing. The Glock would be a good choice if you must.

Originally Posted By: FirstNissan

I have put 200+ rounds through mine not one problem. As mentioned the lcp is the be-all-end-all as far as pocket pistols go.

Its 8 oz less than the G43, or LC9s. I would stay away from the G42

I have a concealed carry permit and have looked at lots of different .380's. The Glock 42 is kinda long measuring in at 5.94 inches. The Kahr CW380 is nearly an inch shorter. I'd get the Kahr over the Glock.

I really dislike carrying things on me so it's very rare when I carry concealed.

I'm considering a Beretta Pico. It's small and is touted as the thinest .380 pistol.
Beretta also rates it for the unofficial .380+P ammo such as Buffalo Bore which is fantastic stuff.

Be careful with that little pistol........

According to police, a man was tucking a little pistol into his waistband when the gun went off hitting his [censored] and continuing through his left thigh.

Ouch.........

Any of them are better than nothing. I really wish I had something smaller than my shield to throw in my pocket but I can pocket carry it if I want to. It prints slightly but that's not a big deal depending on where I'm at.

Have you seen the sneaky Pete holster? There's lots of options.

Also I tried to ankle carry my shield in a DeSantis die hard holster and it's definitely too big unless I'm wearing comically baggy pants. Great holster though

Originally Posted By: totegoat
Be careful with that little pistol........
According to police, a man was tucking a little pistol into his waistband when the gun went off hitting his [censored] and continuing through his left thigh. Ouch.........

That's why I feel most people should not carry concealed. You would have to work very hard for this to happen.

But personally I don't carry one in the pipe for either my lcp or G43. I train to get it out and lose maybe half a second racking it.

I pocket carry my Ruger LCP in a pocket holster (A must do) and you would never notice it . Totally reliable too .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back