Pics of my new Tissot PR50 .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got it - not bad for $188 shipped. This is my 1st "serious" watch, and it's sort of a graduation present:

I love the look and the feel - the band may not look the best, but it's pretty ok - (I plan to upgrade to a Hirsch Golfer black soon)...

I took the following pics under incandescent light, so they're not perfect as to color - hard to capture the black dial well at times...might try to shoot some more pics in natural light soon...(camera is a Nikon P&S - macro setting is not the best in this rather lame camera..)

Forgive the many pics - :) I know it's not a very highly reputed Tissot model, and is rather "cheap" but I really like the look and size of it (38mm) - the perfect blend of elegance and sportiness, IMO...

Here are the pics (some of them are very similar, but shows the watch in different angles and lights-so I included even similar pics) - comments/feedback welcome.

DSCN0354.jpg

tissot002.jpg

tissot003.jpg

tissot004.jpg

DSCN0367.jpg

DSCN0358.jpg

tissot005.jpg

DSCN0373.jpg

tissot007.jpg

DSCN0360.jpg

Last edited:
I have a titanium Tissot that is about 12 years old, great watch. Reliable as the sun coming up in the East every morning.

I love watches. I really wanted another Swiss Army watch but it was out of my price range and I bought a Swatch($250), lifetime polish + warranty. Love the watch, and will be adding a Swiss again when I have the money. My previous Swiss Army watch was passed down to me from my Uncle who had it for 10 years, and I had it for 4 after it and it met its end because I was young. Double glass casing(first layer broke because I was stupid, young). The build quality was unlike anything i've owned before or after.

Did you really take an hour to take all those pictures?

tbird is the new mori?
lol.gif

Pronounced Tee-shosh?

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Very nice, but to many gadgets for me.

I'm with you, must be an age thing (I'm 66 tomorrow !!) .... The last watch I got had the largest numbers I could get and the highest contrast face with no clutter. Easy to read.

And I paid $10 for it at W-M.
thumbsup2.gif

tbird, if you're happy, I'm happy for you.

Thanks for all the comments guys...the size is actually 37mm, not 38 mm

I am told that this watch (like many others) can take on different "characters" depending on the strap - I might be playing with something like this in the future...

DSC02097.jpg

here's that strap on a different Tissot...:

tissotprc2004.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: eljefino
Did you really take an hour to take all those pictures?

tbird is the new mori?
lol.gif

Pronounced Tee-shosh?

LOL - I had some breaks in between - not easy to take those close up macros with a point and shoot tiny Nikon L22.
I think it's pronounced "Tee-Soh"

That's exactly the kind of watch I am looking for-leather band, nice dials in the middle.

I had a "cheap" structure(now express) watch like that, and it lasted forever. (until someone took it).

If you don't mind, how much?

$188 shipped (Amazon direct) - looks like now it's sold by a 3rd party seller on amazon..when I ordered it was from Amazon.

Last edited:
Nice watch, I see it has a raised glass face which tends to get scratched but I guess your going to take it off for the "rough stuff". I've got a 8 year old St. Moritz SLK with the same glass that has taken a beating and looks it. The scars add character!

It's not glass :) It's a scratch resistant genuine sapphire crystal - which is usually a feature of higher priced watches, from what i've read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back