Blacked out my 2019 Jetta SEL...lots of pics

It's not a look for everyone, but it's what I wanted...now, that being said onto the process,

All chrome trim around windows, SEL badges, Turbo badge, and grille were blacked out with plasti dip and glossifier. I also did the chrome strip on the rear bumper cover. I had installed chrome B and C pillar covers when I bought the car as the OEM finish is a chalky black mess on those pieces. I ended up wrapping the chrome covers in carbon fiber vinyl as well as the inlay on the trunk emblem. See pics. My winter rims are black gloss Audi S4 wheels.
L66drXH.jpg

LRVUg7M.jpg

kZDMiN8.jpg

4vh3TM1.jpg

5NJid25.jpg

Ku6jPAF.jpg

2g33f6j.jpg

va60o3R.jpg

fCvaaZi.jpg

DqksL4e.jpg

sDMzpfH.jpg

oNZOSQY.jpg

HNOmKrS.jpg

ZxJlDtw.jpg

kGkb9yt.jpg

LJQkNkl.jpg

Looks nice but plasti dip? Nooooo! in 6 to 12 months it's going to start peeling.

Not if you prep well. I've done emblems with Plastidip that lasted years, still perfect when the trucks were sold. In Arizona.

Looks good and the glossifier makes a big difference. Now the silver wheels look a little out of place. Not a fan of black wheels but graphite or gunmetal would look good IMO.

Nice work.

Only took one post to deflate the OP's pride in his work. :(
Hey, I said it looked NICE. This is a forum for advice and suggestions so people can learn from others. I've bought cars with that Plastdip stuff on it and it looked like some skin disease, it was peeling off in random places. I wonder how many bodyshops use that product. I showed an example of what they do use.

Back