Picked up a can of B12 Chemtool. Uses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was looking for something to clean my throttle body and EGR valve. While at Walmart two hours ago to pick-up some SuperTech ATF, I came across a can of CRC Throttle Body cleaner.

At the last minute, while standing in line, I went back and exchanged it for a can of B12 Chemtool, as I recall hearing SOMETHING about it on BITOG.

Now what can I do (clean) with this stuff? It says carb cleaner but I don't have a carb ???

Thanks!

It is my preferred cleaner for the intake track using the vacuum suck method. It is also a reasonable injector cleaner when added to the fuel tank. It also does a good job cleaning the throttle body.

Thanks. This was the aerosol version, btw, not the liquid version. Apparently the liquid version contains more toulene compared to the aerosol.

Is it better if I use throttle body cleaner? Or is carb cleaner better for the task? Is throttle body cleaner "weaker" than carb cleaner?

I shove the aerosol probe in the intake tract, somewhere AFTER the MAF and use it classic Gumout-style. Spray it while you throttle to keep the engine running. Oh, the way to understand what I mean about installing the spray probe, I put it between a rubber intake ruinner and a metal section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back