Phil Lynott has been reincarnated

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and the classic 1970's Thin Lizzy sound has been brought back from the dead. Scott Gorham has formed a new band called Black Star Riders. Gorham is the only Lizzy member in this new group but the sound is very reminiscent of Thin Lizzy from the middle 70's. I guess they have been around for a while now but I just now checked out the album on Itunes. The record is called All H Breaks Loose. The word beginning with H rhymes with "Bell".

Here's a video of their song "Bound For Glory". If this is not a resurrected Thin Lizzy, I don't know what is. Ricky Warwick is the singer, he is definitely channeling Phil with his style:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq6Z6C3ipMk

I think this may be a great record. I need to find the entire album on Youtube or mp3million and give it a thorough listen before I buy it though. I will say this is 1000 times better than the very sad Thin Lizzy re-grouping I saw on VH1 playing at some outdoor festival in England a couple years ago. They were trying to be Thin Lizzy and playing Lizzy songs but it was more like a mediocre cover band. I read an article today with Scott Gorham saying that the Lynott estate just did not approve and did not like the new Thin Lizzy, so they abandoned the project and he formed Black Star Riders. As a huge Lizzy fan I am very glad to hear the classic Lizzy Irish twin guitar sound again. It has been a very long time..Way too long.

RIP Phil...I know he is smiling down from Heaven and he would be very pleased with the new band carrying on the Lizzy sound and songwriting/lyrical style.

Man, you're not kidding! Good stuff.
thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for sharing the info and link. I was definitely a Thin Lizzy fan back in the day. The Thin Lizzy influence and lineage is obvious, but I'm hearing more than just that and it all sounds great. Considering the background of the various band members that's to be expected I suppose.

Apparently the boys are back in town.

As long as we are on the subject there is another good band I like a lot, the band is called Snakecharmer and is made up of some guys from the original 70's and early 80's Whitesnake and Wishbone Ash. There are a couple other guys in the band too who have played with other groups in the past. The sound is a lot like Paul Rodgers-era Bad Company. If you like blues-oriented hard rock, here is a video, the song is called "Accident Prone". They also have the Wishbone Ash twin lead guitar sound, but it does not sound as "Irish" as Thin Lizzy/Black Star Riders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ-Zy9_JpO8

I bought their album on mp3million.com. It's a good bluesy rock record and there really is not a bad song on it.

Originally Posted By: Jimmy9190
As long as we are on the subject there is another good band I like a lot, the band is called Snakecharmer and is made up of some guys from the original 70's and early 80's Whitesnake and Wishbone Ash. There are a couple other guys in the band too who have played with other groups in the past. The sound is a lot like Paul Rodgers-era Bad Company. If you like blues-oriented hard rock, here is a video, the song is called "Accident Prone". They also have the Wishbone Ash twin lead guitar sound, but it does not sound as "Irish" as Thin Lizzy/Black Star Riders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ-Zy9_JpO8

I bought their album on mp3million.com. It's a good bluesy rock record and there really is not a bad song on it.

Wow! Nice! I might have to get that album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back