Old man thought- never in my adult lifetime has there been a better time to start a manufacturing business in the USA

On a funny note, outside of Krispy Creme and living in Texas*, I don't know where to even buy a basic glazed donut that was made early in the morning.

It’s been some time but I recall a small bakery in downtown Steilacoom. Don’t remember the name but a coworker that lived in DuPont would bring stuff from there on occasion.

Downtown is stretching it but it was in the business district close to the water.

PT, we have been to the bakery in downtown Steilacoom. Very small, awesome people, very limited hours and product availability. My wife's send me there for almond croissant, which one has to ask for, they don't put them out in display and only sell them on Saturday

Florida, California, Mexico, Arizona, do any of those places sound like a match?

having a guillotine over your head is no good. Those who do that to others, I wonder what justification they give to themselves, other than someone else is doing it to them?
The board of county commissioners would always question fuel costs, parts costs, fleet replacement costs, and the salaries and overhead during budget request meetings prior to the next fiscal year budget deliberations. They always requested these reviews. The liberals were attempting to find funding for human services while the conservatives were trying to eliminate as much spending as possible. The bottom line is the county is mandated to provide typical health and human services as well as law enforcement-first responder divisions. The disconnect was none of the commissioners realized that there had to be cars, trucks, vans, etc to support these functions. Fleet is always the arm pit of county departments.

The consensus is not a good time to start manufacturing something. I am not in concurrent, but that is why we have discussions.

Earlier today I counted about 12 BITOG members, that if pooled together could very successfully execute a startup manufacturing facility on the USA in a most efficient and effective manor. And these 12 BITOGers would not even have to be sme on the product. They have the life experience, smarts, etc to find a way when no way is easily seen.

If I had to guess in a product right now, it would be composite exterior doors. Start out only making one size, get it right, and then expand offerings. I sense not.to much to start a operation doing that. Maybe expand to replacement windows for a townhouses that have metal exterior windows, make a replacement for them.out of PVC that still conforms to the townhouse/ condo design.

Just throwing some ideas at the wall. Not sure any will stick, but having fun thinking about this than sitting in the sidelines.

Maybe it's just time for the market to shrink.
It'll drive a lot of companies out of business and create monopolies along the way, but so what?
Isn't that what we're headed for anyway?
🤷‍♂️

Back