Ph7317

Well I got a reply and they say it is sillicone and the black ones are older stock the Fram has no control over....I am just repeating what they said....for me no issues with Fram....used since the 60s and will continue to use..

"Well that looks blue to me....not black"

See my first reply this thread for reference basis. Previous post directly disputes the "orange" only silicone adbv assertion.

As for "old stock" assertion, already proven and date code documented inaccurate this thread. Topic PH7317, new stock.

Information provided by reps here following similar pattern to the Ultra changes. Unreliable to completely inaccurate.

See my first reply this thread for reference basis. Previous post directly disputes the "orange" only silicone adbv assertion.

As for "old stock" assertion, already proven and date code documented wrong this thread.

Information provided by reps here following similar pattern to the Ultra changes. Unreliable to completely inaccurate.
No change for me...will continue to use Fram and sleep well at night...

Well there you have it, topic and pictured PH7317 anecdotes must be figments of our imagination. Or, we're color blind. ;)

20211221_101719-jpg.81731

By the way the ones that are black does the box they came in show a orange silicone valve and say silicone on the box......because if it does that is false adv. and should be an issue..

Point missed. Not about change or not change for me. About FB/Fram providing accurate information to customers and pointing out inconsistencies to readers here. Fwiw up until media change, regular user of the Ultra.
if the box they came in say silicone then that is an issue...if not to me no issue

So, no issue with Fram rep telling you that they are 'all' still "orange silicone" when that's now proven inaccurate. And no issue with rep telling it's an old stock vs new stock issue, also proven inaccurate here too.......Got it.
I repeat if the box says silicone and the filter is not....that is the issue for me....I read stuff on the box....if what is in the box is different....that is an issue for me......maybe not for you and I respect that.....but not to me.... :)

Well there you have it, topic and pictured PH7317 anecdotes must be figments of our imagination. Or, we're color blind. ;)

20211221_101719-jpg.81731

Maybe it's like that internet scam picture of a gold dress from a few years ago and people were like, "is this dress gold or blue?" Now obviously it was gold and the know-nothings of the world said it was blue.

I am not going to buy an orange can now unless it has an ADBV that is a color other than black, I'll might accept orange but I really want one of those blue ADBV orange cans now. Now if by chance one ends up with a purple ADBV, I vow to outbid everyone on Ebay to get my hands on that precious collectable 💜🧡

Maybe it's like that internet scam picture of a gold dress from a few years ago and people were like, "is this dress gold or blue?" Now obviously it was gold and the know-nothings of the world said it was blue....

As long as the 'very knowledgeable' reps as FB/Fram claim they are still orange silicone and that it's an 'old stock vs new stock issue only", it must be true. After all, what do the members that accurately decoded the Fram date code know. /s

Confident the blue (not orange) adbv from Champ Labs, silicone. Topic otoh, no need to repeat.

Rep information inaccuracy aside, nitrile ok~5k mi. oci.

Rep information inaccuracy aside, nitrile ok~5k mi. oci.

Here's my less than expert thoughts on this one, the base model supertech oil filter uses a nitrile ADBV and is rated for up to 10,000 miles of usage so I surmise that they just saw that they could do the same thing on the orange can and get away with it while saving a buck.

Here's my less than expert thoughts on this one, the base model supertech oil filter uses a nitrile ADBV and is rated for up to 10,000 miles of usage so I surmise that they just saw that they could do the same thing on the orange can and get away with it while saving a buck.
Entirely possible if the new;y ran Fram is focused on cost cutting. If that's the case, then we should see all EGs having black nitrile ADBVs in the future. If it's a "glitch" in the system, then these EGs with a black ADBV will be a rare short term thing.

It's possible. If you read my first reply here, seeing as blue silicone adbv already seen on an orange can, I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt with possible orange adbv supply chain issues. Imo, that was being very fair. I think time will tell if that is true. If not, your speculation could prove right.

A phone rep is not privy or responsible for what the factory floor does on a daily basis. A guess why a black adbv is seen is they ran out of silicone and said what the heck, keep the line running. They had no idea a place like this could exist. Who would actually. It could be one person on the assembly line who is responsible. If management made a total change to black, they would update the box and website.

Back