Ph7317

Well that would be a good price for an Ultra filter. How do we work this ? Can I contact you directly with my shipping info?
I'm not the OP, I was just commenting on how ridiculous First Class package pricing is getting, an XG7317 with packaging is probably over 8ozs.

They were shipping old Ultras in new boxes and vice versa, with the media description wrong.
Exactly!

And so everyone doesn't have to read this entire thread, rep info on this topic/thread also proven inaccurate/false, i.e. one rep answer 'they are still orange silicone'.....another answer, rep saying 'it's an old stock vs new stock issue'. So why would one trust them now.

For whatever reason(s) the information provided has proven, being kind, unreliable.

If this is true I will be looking at other brands

"First Brands is the one running the Fram name now. First Brands themselves have been rebranded, they used to be Trico. First Brands also owns Champion, Raybestos, Autolite, Carter, Centric and I believe STP. This is just a list of the ones that I am aware of, I'm sure there are many more brands that they have bought. Jun 17, 2021"

FRAM (brand)
IndustryAutomotive
ParentFirst Brands Group, LLC
Websitehttps://www.fram.com/

©2022 FIRST BRANDS GROUP LLC.​

ruining?

Reactions: hrv
I froze the Toyota and it wasn’t stiff at all. It doesn’t prove it‘s silicone. If it was stiff it may be nitrile, but it doesn't prove it. Arguing all done. Internet arguing what a time dump it is.
What was the temperature in your freezer? Mine runs at around -10 to -15 F (-23 to -26 C). The freezer tests I've done with both a nitrile and silicone ADBV, I could definitely tell a difference between them.

1642193151397.jpeg

Last edited:
Could one just freeze TWO complete filters, and push on the ADBV through the baseplate holes? I have QS3600s (nitrile) & XG3600s (silicone), might give it a try. As stated above, should be obvious.

I can use the XG7317, as that is what my Frontier uses. The one I have on now will be due to be changed next spring. How much to ship it to me at zip 68601?
Lemme find a suitable box and I’ll go to the USPS kiosk down the road and get an estimate. I’m not optimistic it will be less than you could buy one locally, but I’ll give it a shot and see.

Never let it be said we here on BITOG don’t at least try to minimize the trash we throw away! 🤣

Well that would be a good price for an Ultra filter. How do we work this ? Can I contact you directly with my shipping info?
Lemme see what the ballpark estimate is for USPS and we can go from there. If it’s not even going to be close, we’ll call it a day and say we at least tried.

Crank down your freezer temperature a day before the cold test. :)
It’s currently 5 outside with a feel like temp on -12. Left if outside all night out of the box. I have a previously cut open eg with the orange valve so I can compare. I think I’ll only cut the black adbv one since that’s the one in question. I think we can all agree the blue is silicone

Last edited:
I’d say with confidence that the black adbv is not silicone but nitrile. It springs back slower and doesn’t feel as supple. If someone wants to try their own test go for it but I’d say it’s just nitrile. May just start using these for my cars. Cheaper than the extra guard, made in the USA and I’m guessing identical to the Mobil 1 m110, and the supertech mp7317

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 5C5B5F59-4DCA-47C0-ABD9-E6FC8F312BB1.jpg
    5C5B5F59-4DCA-47C0-ABD9-E6FC8F312BB1.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Props to the OP for doing the test, and as suggested, for using a 'control' (orange silicone) adbv for comparison. (y)

Seeing OP's display pic, lessens subjectively factor too, 'for me'.
Does anyone suspect the blue colored valve to be nitrile too? Or are we assuming it’s just the supertech valve used by champion labs(owned by first brands)

Last edited:
Back