Personal Days from work-How many do you get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
0 personal days
0 sick days
15 vacation days that end up being used for personal and sick days. Don't remember the last I had more than a four day weekend off.

3 sick days and since I am at 10 years here I get 3 weeks vacation that I usually never get to use. I also get a floater day during the week whenever I work a Saturday.

We have unlimited days off at our professional discretion. It's very flexible. I work from home 1 or 2 days a week. If you're sick, they want us to stay home and keep the germs out of the office to avoid getting others sick. The goal is to get the work done. I'll probably be working 12 hours today as we have a lot to do and taking my laptop on vacation. Some people take advantage of the policy. They quietly disappear to pursue other opportunities.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
I have 365 unless the better half has made out a new honey do list. Working less enjoying retirement more!

I am in the same boat.

When I was working I had up to six weeks paid time off per year. That was vacation, sick and personal all under one name. Of course I had thirty years with the company. Like a couple of other retirees have posted, I’m now getting 365 days a year. Honey do lists will keep us old codgers busy.

Depends on the employer size and why the personal day is needed is the official law but most employers try to limit you to around a week. That said I have to be almost dead to call for it.

My job is make my own schedule so I can take a day here/there without affecting the workload. Plus I have 3 weeks vacation so...

Last edited:
23 paid Days off per year.
no personal
no vacation
no sick leave, no nada.
use 'em, or Loose 'em. no carry over.

obiously they won't let you use more than 5 in a 1 week pay period(5 paid days,2 unpaid "days off"), so my 23 days is really 4.5 weeks, but you can't take 2 weeks or more together without clearance from the Head Honcho.

and i only have that many b/c i've been working there for more than 17 years.
it's all laid out in the union contract. 2 tiers , depending on when you were hired.
before date x(which is more than 10 years ago now, so...why bother listing the steps under 10 yrs) you get 20 days, and after 17 years, 23.
hired after that date, I think they top out at like 14 days...

also a two tiered pay scale. which i've been topped out on for the last...16-17 years...
as i am fond of saying, "that's why they pay me the mediocre bucks"...

Last edited:
Unpaid days off ? As many as I like until they tell me not to came back. Other wise I get 4 weeks annual leave and I think 6 days sick leave...I don't know as I seldom take sick leave. One of the guys at work just had 3 months off unpaid.

8 and I get paid for using them
smile.gif

Paid time off each year:

32 hrs personal leave

80 hrs sick leave

200 hrs vacation

11 holidays

Sick time can be accumulated without limit while personal leave accruals cannot exceed forty hours and vacation time accruals can't exceed three years worth.
Excess personal leave can be sold back while excess vacation time is simply lost.
All of these leave balances are automatically paid out after retirement or other separation from employment, although at about half value based upon one's final salary.
Sick and personal time grants are a constant from new hire to retirement while vacation time earned increases with years of employment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back