Personal Days from work-How many do you get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 weeks vacation + unlimited personal leave. However; the work load continues during personal leave, so it can come up a real NEGATIVE WHEN YOUR YEARLY EVALUATION COMES AROUND. I am retired now so nuts to it. Ed

About half of the people at my employer work from home (including me) and we get unlimited PTO. However, you'd be a fool to really try using it in an 'unlimited' fashion. I still try to take 4 weeks off each year because if we weren't using it then they'd just take it away.

12. These are called Granted Time Off. You can use them for whatever: sick days, funeral, whatever you want. Unused days are carried over from one year to the next and you can accumulate up to 25 days off. If you leave the company, unused time is not compensated.

This time is in addition to Accrued Time Off (vacation time), I get ten days vacation time each year. I can accrue up to 30 days. If i leave the company, I am compensated for unused time.

Hence, I view Granted Time Off as extra vacation days. I always use this first before using Accrued Time. I currently have about 16 vacation days and about 8 days of granted time off.

We used to get 3 personal days until last year. Not sure what precipitated the change, but will enjoy it while I can. Who knows when they will change it?

Because both of my jobs involve working around a school schedule, I take days around holidays. For instance, we get Thanksgiving and the Friday afterwards off as a paid holiday. I could take Mon-Wed off before Thanksgiving, have nine days off counting the weekends, and only burn 3 days vacation/granted time off. A great perk!

15 vacation days
12 sick days
3 personal days
12/13 'holiday' days per year

11 Days sick
19 days Annual Leave
2.3 weeks Long service leave (that kicked in at 20 years in the power industry)

(My accumulated balances aren't for polite conversation)

I work part time on an IT Help Desk while in college, so I get 0 paid time off. I've been there 17 months and have never called out sick, have called out once though, 2 weeks ago I had to take my Grandma to the emergency room.

I took 2 weeks off in the summer for vacation though, unpaid.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
6 weeks vacation
4 weeks sick pay
1 week personal businesses

12 paid holidays
2 floating

I forgot to mention I have 30+ years at this employer.

25 vacation
10 sick
Unlimited PT subject to supervisors discretion
12 paid holidays
120 non-occupational sick days

30 years total with my employer

Currently at 25 PTO days. Sick/vacation/whatever. I hate this policy because too many people don't "waste" PTO being sick and come in so they can use all the time as vacation time.

Can carry over whatever you want, but once you hit your max, you don't accrue any more until you're below the ceiling, and when you do get under and start to accrue again, you don't get back the time you didn't accrue. So if I carry over 20 days into 2018, I can only accrue 5 more and then start missing out on more accrued time until I've taken time to get below the 25 days. And at that point I can only accrue new time, I don't get back the time I missed accruing due to being at the max.

Here's the kicker - we had days taken from us two years ago (in my case I lost 3, meaning I used to have 28/year) because employees complained on the annual survey that we had, and I'm quoting here, "too much PTO time to take". Long story short, people complained that they were losing PTO because they were not allowed to take what they had due to "business needs" and management twisted that around to people complaining that we had too much time off and "fixed" it.

9 more years until my permanent vacation starts...

5 personal days, all get that here.
Me, been here long enough to have 4 weeks vacation (so 20 days), but unlike personal days, I'm supposed to schedule these days with my boss.
10 days for holidays.
None of them roll over--use or lose.

I try to carry a fair amount into fall. Once the kids go back to school I tend to get hammered with at least one or two colds before the end of the year.

20 Paid Time off days (PTO)
15 holiday days (sometimes one or two of these are floaters depending on how the calendar works out)

unpaid time off as needed...must be approved by leader

26 personal days off
13 sick days....
can build up your personal "bank" to 240 hours and unlimited amount of hours for sick days. I got over 850 hours of sick days built up, but I've been doing this for 27 years.

0 personal.
5 sick days.
Approx. 2 weeks at Christmas.
160-200 hours vacation (based upon seniority), sometimes much less.

6 weeks annual leave, plus whatever long service leave you've accrued - I currently have 4 weeks worth.
Generally, I take 8 to 10 weeks of leave per year.
Unlimited sick leave, however anything deemed excessive will invoke a please explain from management. After nearly 20 years and plenty of sick days, I've never been questioned, so you'd really have to abuse it methinks.

24 hours of "floater" time
160 hours Vacation supposed to give notice but as long as I keep up with my work any notice works, I.E. See you in a couple days a I head out.
96 hours sick time half can be used as sick relative
20 hours for being on-call 2 weeks out of every 12 weeks
10 Holidays

9 years of service

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back