Pentius PCXL Extended Filter Efficiencies

I emailed Pentius Filters & asked about their PCXL filter efficiencies. This is what they emailed back to me below. They confirmed this is not just for an individual filter but would not give me the tested filter they used or how many they used. They claim 99%@20 on their website but I've learned that advertising is not always what it seems. Still good efficiencies though & I would still run this filter if the construction was good. From what I've saw with 1 filter for my truck is that they are built in South Korea.

Pentius CustomerService email]>
Customer Service
Pentius Automotive Parts
(877)852-5000

microrating.jpg

They claim 99%@20 on their website but I've learned that advertising is not always what it seems.
Just like some other companies (like Purolator and Wix) who reference one of their largest sized filters to make their efficiency claim. When they reference which filter the efficiency is based on, then it's all "legal" advertising. But most people don't reallize that the size of the filter has an effect on the efficiency ... at least in the ISO 4548-12 test.

Just like some other companies (like Purolator and Wix) who reference one of their largest sized filters to make their efficiency claim. When they reference which filter the efficiency is based on, then it's all "legal" advertising. But most people don't reallize that the size of the filter has an effect on the efficiency ... at least in the ISO 4548-12 test.
That's exactly right "Lawyer Language". I couldn't get them to share what filters they've tested & they took some time to get back with me on those efficiencies I posted but I'm happy they gave us something to chew on for the time being.

Back