Is any body close to a UOA yet?
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: daman
Is any body close to a UOA yet?
grin2.gif

I'm sure someone is working on this as we type
crackmeup2.gif

The UOA will be titled "Ultra UOA posted!"

M1 0w40 is no longer available in WM in the Charlotte metro. It's not that they're out, they've removed the tags denoting the slot for 0w40. Guess it didn't sell?

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
I've never seen so many buzz words and statements in one place! LOL!

"Hyper" "Ultra" "Exceeds" "Ultra class"

And then there's the stuff on the BACK of the bottle!

See what Marketing can do? Next thing you know... it'll do your Taxes and pick up your Dry Cleaning for you. Sheesh... it's Motor Oil!

Originally Posted By: JGmazda

See what Marketing can do? Next thing you know... it'll do your Taxes and pick up your Dry Cleaning for you. Sheesh... it's Motor Oil!

269 post say it's not just motor oil to you. if it was just motor oil you wouldn't waste time on a forum.

Originally Posted By: Odysseus2010
Can anyone explain why this synthetic marketplace continues to grow in this economy?

Very logical.
1) People have to keep cars longer now, and most probably feel like Synthetics will help their vehicles last longer.
2) If you do a cost-per-mile, Synthetics can cost less than lower OCIs with cheaper oils.

Nothing magical...

Can anyone explain why this synthetic marketplace continues to grow in this economy?

Yeah because you can extend your OCIs using synthetic. EDGE or M1 EP at 15k miles is cheaper Dino at 5k miles. Also, more people are turning to DIY to save money

Originally Posted By: BigJohn
I asked him about Castrol 0w30 (GC), since they carried four other varieties of Syntec....he said that he did not have any, but he thought that the store would be receiving some soon.

I don't think Wal-Mart's Ow-30 oil is actually German Castrol. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I think you have to go to AutoZone or PepBoys for that.

What engine manufacturers endorse/approve extended drain intervals?

None. Some manufactures have longer recommended OCIs that others but I beleive the longest is BMW at 12K or 15K using their branded oil??? Someone with a newer BMW please chime in.

Originally Posted By: shpankey

I don't think Wal-Mart's Ow-30 oil is actually German Castrol. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I think you have to go to AutoZone or PepBoys for that.

Your mistaken. Wal-Mart does sell the actual 0w30 German Castrol. Just check the bottle and it should say made in Germany.

lol.gif

Just when you think "They've GOT to run out of adjectives sooner or later...."

Originally Posted By: lonestar
What engine manufacturers endorse/approve extended drain intervals?

None. Some manufactures have longer recommended OCIs that others but I beleive the longest is BMW at 12K or 15K using their branded oil??? Someone with a newer BMW please chime in.

also the 2011 mustang is supposed to have a 10k OCI

No sign of the ultra here, just the platinum which they did not have but one job of it and the regular yellow jugs. I have not checked all the walmarts as there is quiet a few here and I wonder if they are getting low on the platinum and if they are making room for the ultra? Do you guys think they will replace the platinum with the ultra? I am about to try the platinum out as I have never tried any synthetic oil yet. Both my vehicles need a oil change right now.

Originally Posted By: MaxCarnage

Your mistaken. Wal-Mart does sell the actual 0w30 German Castrol. Just check the bottle and it should say made in Germany.

Wow. I did not know that. Thanks.

For some reason, AZ and PB are always mentioned for GC and I've not seen a mention of WM. So this is (great) news to me!

p.s. No PU in my area wal-marts. I've checked 4 different ones so far. lol

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MaxCarnage

Wow. I did not know that. Thanks.

For some reason, AZ and PB are always mentioned for GC and I've not seen a mention of WM. So this is (great) news to me!

p.s. No PU in my area wal-marts. I've checked 4 different ones so far. lol

Actually, you're both correct. WalMarts in Canada have been reported to carry GC, but there has never been a sighting of GC in a US WalMart (that I'm aware of).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back