Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0W-40 availability.

Originally Posted by Jackson_Slugger
Don't Forget Valvoline 0W-40 Advanced is now has the MS-12633 Approval
https://sharena21.springcm.com/Publ...bd3/3aa410a1-0bbd-e711-9c12-ac162d889bd1 Approval
https://sharena21.springcm.com/Publ...bd3/3aa410a1-0bbd-e711-9c12-ac162d889bd1

Listed on page 2 with approval

I got ten qts. of it if anyone wants to buy it, nothing to put it in anymore.
frown.gif

BTW, the MSDS indicated it was mostly PAO, if that really matters at this point...

Valvoline or PUP 0W-40?

Originally Posted by Jackson_Slugger
Originally Posted by LTZ10
[
Valvoline or PUP 0W-40?

Valvoline 0W-40...

Valvoline 0W-40 Advanced Full Synthetic?

Check your PM's. But yes, the one and only.

Incidentally, I liked the previous Valvoline PDS for 0W-40 Synpower..

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 7
Last edited:
Don't Forget Valvoline 0W-40 Advanced is now has the MS-12633 Approval
https://sharena21.springcm.com/Publ...bd3/3aa410a1-0bbd-e711-9c12-ac162d889bd1 Approval
https://sharena21.springcm.com/Publ...bd3/3aa410a1-0bbd-e711-9c12-ac162d889bd1

Listed on page 2 with approval

I got ten qts. of it if anyone wants to buy it, nothing to put it in anymore.
frown.gif

BTW, the MSDS indicated it was mostly PAO, if that really matters at this point...
Does it actually show the MS 12633 spec on the back label?

The ones I've seen on Walmart's website do not show it. I thought maybe because it was just old stock (prior to obtaining the MS 12633 approval), but then Valvoline rep told me they don't always list all the specs on the bottle label, which is lame, IMO.

They also misspelled "Porsche." Really?

BnjQOLt.jpg

Last edited:
It shows it on the PDS. IDK what pics Walmart's site has. But the PDS dated 6/17/20 (and I am guessing the one that expired prior) have the spec listed.. Last spec page 2 middle column...

page_0002.Png

I know it's on PDS. My question was: is it also on the bottle?

IDK, why are you asking me? I don't work for Valvoline. They have a thing called email. But don't email me, email Valvoline.. You know like lots of members do here that have questions for Mobil, SOPUS, etc..

Actually they're not for sale! A mod can delete that thread! Almost all PAO, beautiful understated package design I'll keep them to myself!

But I'll still check for you this weekend when I am where they are at...

I'm not. I'm just trying to verify what Valvoline rep told me, as I explained up above.

If it's too much trouble, don't bother.

No I'll check, PM this Sunday if I do not comment here. Sorry if I come off as a prick but it's a sore subject, I tried to give it all to my brother who bought a 2000's Porsche 911 and he was all like haughty even though they clearly show they meet the Porsche A40 spec. He can overpay for whatever he wants. And I mean give it too him free..

In any case, why does that matter?
A reputable oil company would make sure that the specs on PDS match what's on the bottle. PDS change all the time. If the spec is not on the bottle, how can you be sure that the oil inside actually meets the spec? What if one needs to prove to FCA that they were using an oil the actually meets the spec for warranty purposes? It's easier to do if the spec is right on the bottle, IMO.

Anyway, no big deal. Just curious.

A reputable oil company would make sure that the specs on PDS match what's on the bottle. PDS change all the time. If the spec is not on the bottle, how can you be sure that the oil inside actually meets the spec? What if one needs to prove to FCA that they were using an oil the actually meets the spec for warranty purposes? It's easier to do if the spec is right on the bottle, IMO.

Anyway, no big deal. Just curious.

I'll let you know. But the qt. bottles I have are not exactly shimmering with cutting edge tech beauty. They are pretty pedestrian and look like something very mundane compared to anything else like E-M, SOPUS, Castrol, Havoline...

He must have gotten offended because it said "Porche" on the label. :ROFLMAO:

He never saw them and lives in another state, I was visiting. He has no idea about certifications or that Valvoline is highly regarded in Europe. I think I told him to buy Ravenol then if he's worried about being posh FFS. I'll gladly take pic's though...

Back