Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0W-40 availability.

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Y
Originally Posted by jimmyturner
Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
During a previous discussion of this oil, Mobil 1 0w40 ESP was mentioned. It's the recommended oil for the 2020 C7 Corvette and is Dexos 2 certified.

2020 C7 corvette? C7 stopped production in 2019. Maybe the factory fill for 2019's?

2020 is the C8 generation.

Haha, whatever the advertising department says at Chevrolet. The last C7 rolled off the assembly line in November of 2019. Normally that car would be considered a 2020. Also, there were no C8 Corvettes on the dealer lots in January and February. In about 6 months the C8's will be considered as 2021 models. Thanks for the post.
smile.gif

It's not though lol. There is no such thing as a 2020 C7.

There are 2020 C8's for sale, and sold and out on the road already. 2021 models are already ready for orders. There are no more orders for 2020's. Whoever got one, got one, and whoever can still find one in the dealer, can still get one. Otherwise you're getting a 2021 C8.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Unless you want to pay thru the nose - outside of Walmartdotcom, you can't even find PUP of any viscosity anymore. I paid $22 at Walmartdotcom for 5w30 and it's over $30 at a couple independent small auto-part stores here. No thanks.

If it weren't for Walmart, I would have purchased Mobil-1 AP at the similar $30+ price. Again, at Walmart. Nobody beats Walmart pricing (outside of clearances and special Amazon sales). So when I need oil, Walmart's the only place I go. If I needed 0w40 again for my Colorado, I would buy something from Walmart stock.

haha i agree. i just picked up 2 5qt jugs of mobil1 EP because of a recommendation for a good dexos 1 g2 oil for my wrx. I had 5 jugs of motul dexos 2. But i'll probably either try to sell it or give it away or use it for a car i might inherit in the future lol

Yep, same name. He tuned Impalas and the Grand Prix (FWD) models. He was also located in Canada. I apologize for the mistaken identity

Originally Posted by LTZ10
Yep, same name. He tuned Impalas and the Grand Prix (FWD) models. He was also located in Canada. I apologize for the mistaken identity

No problem, that's rather amusing!
cheers3.gif

According to Pennzoil it does! I went on the web site looking for rebates and they had one at the time on the 5 qt. jug. Like you, I've never seen it in a 5 qt. jug and it's never been advertised around here anywhere.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
but I wish they had the 5 quart container available.

I've never seen the PUP 0W-40 SRT in 5 qt jugs. Does it even exist?

All I've ever seen are 1qt bottles of it.

According to Pennzoil it does! I went on the web site looking for rebates and they had one at the time on the 5 qt. jug. Like you, I've never seen it in a 5 qt. jug and it's never been advertised around here anywhere.

Originally Posted by Jackson_Slugger
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Unless you want to pay thru the nose - outside of Walmartdotcom, you can't even find PUP of any viscosity anymore. I paid $22 at Walmartdotcom for 5w30 and it's over $30 at a couple independent small auto-part stores here. No thanks.

If it weren't for Walmart, I would have purchased Mobil-1 AP at the similar $30+ price. Again, at Walmart. Nobody beats Walmart pricing (outside of clearances and special Amazon sales). So when I need oil, Walmart's the only place I go. If I needed 0w40 again for my Colorado, I would buy something from Walmart stock.

I saw PUP at Napa yesterday for $6-and-change a qt. Not 0W-40, but if you read the thread you'd see it's available at Napa at a decent price for a car that needs it:

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/PCA550040856

*Upon further review it's at most local stores near me...

That's less expensive than the last order I did through Amazon.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
How's it going? You know me by my aka in an old Impala forum. You tuned two Impalas for me. I sold one of them, but still have the 9C3 as my daily driver and it's doing great! I've never heard of Ravenol. Is it a Canada product? I'll check it out. I like the Pennzoil 0W-40, but it's a pain sometimes as its availability has slightly fluctuated on Amazon.

Wouldn't be me, I was only ever into the SBF scene, so the Corral, SBFTech...etc. Must be another guy with the same user ID
smile.gif

Ravenol is a German product, they make premium oils using expensive bases like PAO, but unlike most boutique-esque oil blenders, have chosen to pursue OEM approvals for their products.

You can find it on Amazon, but Blauparts has it on sale quite frequently, so you can often get a screaming deal on it:
https://www.blauparts.com/ravenol-motor-oil-0w-40-ssl-5l.html

And the link to the product on Ravenol's website:
https://www.ravenol.de/en/product-range/motor-oils-for-passenger-cars-1/ravenol-ssl-sae-0w-40/

Thanks for the links! I checked out the site...Impressive!

Last edited:

cheers3.gif

FYI...http://www.getoverkilled.ca/products.html

Sorry guys for the repeat replies...something happened and I tried to delete them and it didn't work!
21.gif

cheers3.gif

FYI...http://www.getoverkilled.ca/products.html

Wow, that's hilarious, he used to be about an hour from me, and that site was last updated in 2015!!
crazy2.gif

Back