Pennzoil Ultra 5W-40 Euro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
IN the UOA section.

I have searched extensive here and at Google.

I don't think anyone has done one of the "Ultra Euro" formulation.

I'm going to try to get a quart and do a VOA soon.

Finally got this running in the GTI. I plan to run it for 7,500 miles as I run the large MANN filter. This boosts capacity to 5+ quarts - not bad for the 1.8T.

I got a follow-up email from Debbie and thanked her on everyone's behalf. I had talked to her a few times early on, and didn't want to bother her with another follow-up when all the shipments were going out, but she wrote me this week and I replied with this:

Yes, Debbie, I got the sample soon after you said. I didn't want to bother you with another email, but thank you very much. I know everyone else you sent samples to is very pleased as well. I always mention what a nice gesture it was from Shell. Most of the guys at Bob's feel that Shell is very responsive and in-touch with the customer base, unlike some other oil companies. You can tell everyone there that we feel very appreciative and the campaign was very effective. Thanks again,...

So, that accurately reflects our shared sentiment, right?

Yes, that is my sentiment to Shell and specially to Debbie. I didn't care much about Shell/Pennzoil products until the Q&A and specially the nice gesture from Debbie/Shell. From now on I will looking to buy gas, oil ... from Shell or Pennzoil if the price is not too much over the others.

I switched from using the local Sunoco to a distant Shell gas station partly as a result of Debbie's and Shell's freebies (and partly simply because VPower seems to be a [censored] good additive package).

Am loving the 5W-40 PU in the Audi, as I no longer get the infamous startup cam chain rattle. (touch wood/knock on wood)

Baldy, fwiw, Terry D. was interested in analysis from engines using V-Power more or less exclusively. You could give him a heads-up if you want to go that route. He's a good guy.

I received a followup as well, to which I replied with my gratitude and mention of BITOG. She sent me a brief message and spoke of having a BITOG folder.

Really unbelievably generous customer relations from Pennzoil - I can't think of anything close I've experienced for quite some time.

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
I got a follow-up email from Debbie and thanked her on everyone's behalf. I had talked to her a few times early on, and didn't want to bother her with another follow-up when all the shipments were going out, but she wrote me this week and I replied with this:

Yes, Debbie, I got the sample soon after you said. I didn't want to bother you with another email, but thank you very much. I know everyone else you sent samples to is very pleased as well. I always mention what a nice gesture it was from Shell. Most of the guys at Bob's feel that Shell is very responsive and in-touch with the customer base, unlike some other oil companies. You can tell everyone there that we feel very appreciative and the campaign was very effective. Thanks again,...

So, that accurately reflects our shared sentiment, right?

Great oil. Seems to have smoothed out the older 1.8T in the GTI. I really can't complain. 90% of the time we put Shell V-Power 93 in our vehicles as well. It definitely makes the motor happy. They must have some sharp engineers working on their detergent packs.

I have 2 cases of pennzoil ultra euro if anyone wants to buy them.. I sold my car and dont need 5w40 anymore.. these were really tough to find so I had to order a few to even get them..

[email protected]

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Do we have a VOA of this oil yet? If not, I will send a sample tomorrow.

I haven't heard of one. I was always going to do a VOA, but I never had a way to get any of the oil.

When I've asked about a VOA, people seem to just point me towards the PP Euro, suggesting they are the identical formulation.

I keep hoping/wish it was a different formulation, but I have nothing to base that on.

Originally Posted By: OldBaldy
My PU 5W40 Euro VOA sample is still sitting on the shelf, with a few other UOA. Just have to get down to the post office.

I mailed mine today. I am using Wearcheck.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: OldBaldy
My PU 5W40 Euro VOA sample is still sitting on the shelf, with a few other UOA. Just have to get down to the post office.

I mailed mine today. I am using Wearcheck.

Cool. I look forward to seeing the results.

Yeah, me too!
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back