Pennzoil Ultra 5W-40 Euro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm been steering a lot of people to PU/PP Euro 5w-40 who want a high quality spec oil and don't mind mail-order. I can feel good that they are getting the best product in that market.

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
I can feel good that they are getting the best product in that market.

Not that it's untrue, but how have you come to this conclusion?

Not that they're better/worse, but why are we giving preference to mail-order oils? That's no indication of performance.

They aren't site sponsors.

What does that have to do with being or not being the best product in the market?

I agree we don't really have any evidence to say Ultra 5w40 Euro is the best oil to point a Euro car owner to. I'm sure we never will.

However, I think we can probably agree it would be a solid, good choice. I just don't know about going out of the way to pay more and mail order, etc.

I can confirm now that at least my Penske dealership has switched from their Formula M to this Ultra Euro 5w40. Penske made the dealerships change due to losing the Mobil 1 contract and the new contract with Pennzoil including in motor-sports.

Therefore, you will see many Merc dealerships using this very oil now. That should give us plenty of used analysis to take a look at, although owners may assume they have Mobil 1 in the car.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
When you take into account the cost, nothing is better than $0.00.

Well, technically, someone could pay you to use their oil, which would be even better.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
When you take into account the cost, nothing is better than $0.00.

Well, technically, someone could pay you to use their oil, which would be even better.
smile.gif

True, a couple years ago I had 2 cases Synpower 5W20 for about minus $5-6, after the 2 rebate checks from Kragen and Valvoline. The other 6 cases Synpower costs less than $0.49/qt.

I just got 2 gallon Peak All Makes antifreeze free plus about $4-5 in pocket with 2 rebates, one from ACE hardware and one from Peak.

I can say that the PU is quieter in the GTI than the Syntec. I am not sure what that means, but it is noticeable. This engine is older and I am not sure how it was treated by the previous owner. I didn't notice as much of a difference in my Audi though that engine is newer and has been properly maintained from day 1.

They aren't site sponsors.

What does that have to do with being or not being the best product in the market?

Which site sponsors sell the oils you mentioned?

None. But my question was, why does being a site sponsor make the product best in the market?

I didn't say it's the best "in the market", I said it's the best in that market.

I'm been steering a lot of people to PU/PP Euro 5w-40 who want a high quality spec oil and don't mind mail-order. I can feel good that they are getting the best product in that market.

Mail-order site sponsors, that market.

Mail-order site sponsors, that market.

It would have saved a lot of confusion if you had defined what "that market" meant up front. Thanks for the clarification.

But why would anyone limit themselves to that particular market anyway?

All I said was I was directing people to the product who were looking for a mail order spec oil. Pennzoil happens to be a site sponsor and may happened to be the best product you can order in that market.

I don't see the confusion or controversy in that.

You can mail order Mobil 1 0w40 on Amazon. The rebates they had up until recently were pretty good too. I combined them with the Mobil Rewards $5 per quart offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back