Pennz Ultra Regular Vs. Ultra Euro L: Difference ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 2 cases of 5W-30 Pennzoil Ultra to use in my Nissan 370Z which has the VQ37 engine. I just noticed one case is Ultra and the other is Ultra Euro L. The regular Ultra says it exceeds GF5 API SN, and then also exceeds requirements of some Ford, Chrysler, Honda, GM and ACEA.
The bottle labeled Ultra Euro L goes on to list that it exceeds some ACEA, BMW, Mercedes, VW and Chrysler requirements. I am sure that both are excellent synthetics, any ideas which formula may be the best choice if I buy them again ?

The Euro L is a low-SAPS oil intended for modern diesel engines.

It will work, but is not ideal for gasoline engines. Also, if it's not API SN, it may not meet your warranty requirements, if that's important. It should be labeled BMW LL-04, which is their diesel oil spec. They've said that this oil isn't appropriate for their gasoline engines, if that's significant to you.

I'd probably exchange it if it was me. The regular Ultra is the one you want.

Thanks, I will send it back to Amazon for a replacement with the non-Euro L formula. I checked the open bottle that I had left over from the most recent oil change and I must have used the Euro L last time without noticing. I'm coming up on a change now, I will get a Blackstone report, it may prove interesting. I will post the report in the Oil Analysis section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back